Skip to content

SHS Down?

WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
G3 still looks up, SHS looks down. Anyone else?

Comments

• WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
    Scratch that - G3 forums look down too.
    Gusinda
  • WillScarlettWillScarlett Member Posts: 35
    Can someone else give it a shot? http://www.shsforums.net/
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Yes, both seem to be down. (They are on the same server.)
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    SHS down again? Take a shot. Time for my quarterly public service announcement. Back up all of your mods so that you can use them when these inevitably go down again. Thank you.
    Ludwig_II
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    we really need a sticky saying this happens every few months so we stop getting topics about it every time they go down.
    ThacoBellNostarielArthas
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179
    Down for me as well :(
  • georgelappiesgeorgelappies Member Posts: 179

we really need a sticky saying this happens every few months so we stop getting topics about it every time they go down.

If the reason why they are down, and ETA on when it will be backup is displayed instead of some gibberish error page; nobody will post here about it.

As it is now one may think the site is down for ever and so are the mods.

All boils down to communication
    Nostariel
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @georgelappies G3 and SHS go down almost every other month. At this point, its a wonder anyone hosts mod downloadds there at all. When its back up, I HIGHLY recommend keeping a backup of all your usual mods on your computer.
    georgelappiesNostariel
  • AnprionsaAnprionsa Member Posts: 106
    I've said this now multiple times. It's the reason I wanted modders to migrate to a platform that DOESN'T have this issue. The majority of mods are on those websites. Probably close to half. And every time they go down I'll be vocal about the move to GitHub. There are guides all over the place on how to do this.
    georgelappiesNostariel