Skip to content

[MOD] Bags of Torment

13»

Comments

• jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    [EDITS for brevity and clarity]

When I ran Generalized Biffing, if I then reinstalled PST:EE, then I had text lines in various places replaced with hexadecimal strings. It seemed to affect dialogue options for the Save Nordom! mod, and some of the menu options in Alter Senses (Settings) for EE-specific content.

Post edited by jaklumen on
  • jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    edited May 2018
    @argent77- sent you a message, including what Wisp said on those forums about WeiDU and Linux versions of all IE Enhanced Edition games.

Apparently, the solution is to mount a case-insensitive filesystem and install EE games there. If I remember right, the instructions I read were to mount up a NTFS partition just for EE games. It seems the implementation is just not optimized to Linux very well and essentially the fix is to put it in a more Windows-like environment.

It reminds me too much of past struggles: virtualization with VirtualBox with vanilla PST, and gemRB. Lots of hair-pulling.

Oh. I found mention of ciopfs through reddit. Again, not terribly intuitive, but eh. Probably will pull out a lot more hair until someone has mercy on me and can give me a few step-by-step directions.
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Thank you!
  • Markus_RamikinMarkus_Ramikin Member Posts: 25
    http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ seems not to work atm. Are there any other locations where the Biffing mod can be obtained? My google-fu is coming up with nothing...
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Try this: https://github.com/vbigiani/generalized_biffing/archive/master.zip

This is the raw project archive. You will have to move the content out of the top level directory (generalized_biffing-master) and you need to provide a setup executable for the mod. Simply create a copy of "setup-BagsOfTorment.exe" and rename it to "setup-generalized_biffing.exe".
  • Markus_RamikinMarkus_Ramikin Member Posts: 25
    Ah yes, the weidu exe which Goes By Many Names. ;)

Thank you very much, I'll try that.

BTW, offtopic but
    I liked your solution to the candlestick exit portal key issue (which I accidentally discovered because I happened to pick the crypt as the area in which to test the modron maze reset bug). So obvious it's clever.
  • UnaiUnai Member Posts: 10
    edited March 2019
    Oh, no. I had installed the Generalized Biffing but lost the items in my bag anyway.

I've tried the installer again to be sure, and it shows me the option to reinstall it, so it was installed. Anything I can do? My last manual save is waaaaay before I've entered the maze.

Edit: I thought about continue playing this way and cheating in items that I lost, but even out of the dungeon things got restarted. Fog of war everywhere, items that I have already collected can be collected again, NPCs status reseted.

Edit 2: I've found a cloud save with just a coule of hours!

Post edited by Unai on
    Looks like you found a solution.

In any case, to work around this bug, install "Generalized Biffing" with the option to biff everything after all other mods. Otherwise, any game resources left in the override folder may trigger this bug. Once this bug is triggered there is no easy way to fix it (short of repairing all game changes manually).
  • PankaPanka Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a question about this mod regarding its containers. Does they disappear (after, if I remember correctly, 24 in-game hours without entering the area) if I leave them to the ground? Thanks in advance
    Yes, ground piles will disappear after a while, except for quest-critical items. If you accidentally left a bag on the ground and it has already disappeared, you can use the following console commands to recreate them:
    Imp Leather Bag:
    C:CreateItem("a7#bag1")

Modron Storage Crystal:
    C:CreateItem("a7#bag2")

Pocket Singularity (unsealed):
    C:CreateItem("a7#bag4")

Any content left inside a bag should be restored as well.
    New release: Bags of Torment 1.2

Changes:
    • Added Project Infinity metadata
    • Added German translation for WeiDU prompts
    • Added WeiDU SUPPORT information
    • Updated links in readme
  • 0wca0wca Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022
    All of the items in my pocket singularity disappeared, most of which were quest items, including the bronze sphere, when I entered the Modron Maze. Tried to biff the override folder, nothing changed, items still gone.

Also when I entered the Lower Ward afterwards, all the NPCs that I killed were back.

Thanks for breaking my playthrough.
    0wca wrote: »
    All of the items in my pocket singularity disappeared, most of which were quest items, including the bronze sphere, when I entered the Modron Maze. Tried to biff the override folder, nothing changed, items still gone.

Also when I entered the Lower Ward afterwards, all the NPCs that I killed were back.

Thanks for breaking my playthrough.

This is a bug in the game engine. The first post of this topic mentions it along with a workaround.
  • FrobozzFrobozz Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2023
    argent77 wrote: »
    Making equippable items stackable would be a bad idea in most cases. I think it would hurt immersion if you can equip a stack of 50 earrings.

Bags are not as badly needed in PST:EE since you have more inventory slots available. But even the most spacious inventory will run out of space eventually if you are a compulsive collector.

I would agree.. except I think the ability to stack 99 rings/earrings/bracelets would be an amazing QoL improvement specifically for the useless-except-to-sell ones.. the copper, silver and gold tier. There is no reason to wear those (but if you insist, who cares about the "immersion" break there?) All sorts of mobs drop them all the time, and they're a very common result in pickpocketing as well. So.. agreed on all wearables except specifically those 9 items. Heck, 6 items if you don't do the gold tier. This is probably the single thing I miss most having moved from vanilla to EE.

I also wouldn't object if this was done also for those common drop but basically useless daggers, like rusty dagger, jagged knife and poor/regular stiletto. None of those items are ever worth equipping under any circumstance. If there was a caveat that only unstacked ones can be equipped that would be fine.
    Post edited by Frobozz on
    New release: Bags of Torment 1.3

Changes:
    • Added labels for Project Infinity
    • Updated German WeiDU setup prompts