Skip to content

Console issue

So I accessed the .lua file and inserted the code "'SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')" without the double quotes, saved, and reloaded a game (both by restarting the entire game and just reloading my save.

And the program overwrites and resets the .lua file every time. I can't get the changes to stick.

How do I fix this?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Damnaged, welcome to the forum.

Assuming you are on WIndows, it could be a couple of things. First, make sure that you don't have the game running when you edit the baldur.lua. If you do, BG/IWD etc will overwrite the file when it closes (it does this as part of it's closure).

Secondly, what is the editor that you are using to edit baldur.lua. If it is Notepad, then it could be adding .txt to the end of the filename (and possibly saving it in another location). I use Notepad++ (free) which does a better job but if you want to continue to use Notepad, then make sure that it saves the file as baldur.lua not baldur.lua.txt. You may need to unhide file extensions in Explorer to view the full filename.

Hopefully, this will get you out of trouble. If it doesn't, just let me know and I will provide my baldur.lua and you can work from there...

Gus