Skip to content

Testing SCS v32 release candidate 6

DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
edited November 2018 in General Modding
I'm in the process of testing a new version of Sword Coast Stratagems - the latest release candidate is available here. Since the Gibberlings 3 forums are temporarily down, I thought I'd create a thread here to let people testing the release candidate give their feedback.

I should warn people that I'm not yet confident this release lacks major bugs. (Versions 1-4 had serious, arguably game-breaking, bugs with some components.) I hope to do a proper v32 release in 1-2 weeks, at which point I'll do a proper announcement.

At the moment, I'm aware of only one bug in RC6: new IWD wizard spells still have their IWD excluded schools, not the BG ones.
Post edited by DavidW on
ZaghoulBlackravenSssiksseilorFlashburnJuliusBorisovLudwig_IIAerakarBorcoOrlonKronsteenbrunardo

Comments

• UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Your link seems to be broken.
    This one should work until the one above is fixed.
    ZaghoulBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    Thanks; fixed.
    JuliusBorisovSssiksseilor
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @DavidW Snilloc's again, this is with RC6 with your most recent commits rolled into it as well. When I cast it, there is no projectile animation nor explosive radius (I forget if it had this in IWD), but the frost damage radiates out from the caster - not the indicated spot where it should be cast. BG1:EE 2.5.17.
  • TranscendedOneTranscendedOne Member Posts: 25
    Yeah, cat's grace spell doesn't work as it should. It gives people a +1 to their dex instead of rolling for/giving the proper amount as it should based on the dice chart.
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    Hello davidw

The effects of Mordenkainen's Force Missiles are strange

look this youtube link 7:20.

you can see Mordenkainen's Force Missiles.
    but effect of Mordenkainen's Force Missiles of scs32 v6 is weird.

plz check this.
    thanks for ur effort. :)

OK:

- reproduced and fixed Mordenkainen Force Missile problem
    - reproduced and fixed Cat's Grace problem
    - fixed a problem with wizard scrolls where the spell was sometimes targeting the caster, not the target

Agris, I can't reproduce the Snowball Swarm problem you describe.
    ZaghoulJuliusBorisovLudwig_II
    i add 2 errors.

cleric 6 level spell Spiritual Wrath : not work (no effect, no damage)

druid 7 level spell Stalker : not work (not appear shambling mound)
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    I've noticed an issue with the level 7 wizard spell "Seven Eyes". Eye animation overlays as well as protection effects seem to be missing. Their secondary effects (via innate spells) are working though.
    edited December 2018
    @DavidW The problem was JIMFIX #201 - Add spell school notification to combat log. The version just prior to his modification works correctly. In other words, it's not you, it's me.

I'm not sure what was wrong with it, I copied the Global Effects from Fireball verbatim into SPWI225.spl and now Snilloc's correctly animates. There's the single icy projectile to the target, and the blue explosion indicating the AoE. When you test it with components 1500 and 5900, it animates correctly? If so, I must have mis-clicked something in NI while fixing the opposition school for it.
    Post edited by agris on
    I was testing with 1500 but I can't think of a way 5900 could have broken it.
    edited December 2018
    Not a bug, but comments on the implementation of component 3021 (Replace many +1 magical weapons with Fine ones -> Fine weapons are immune to the iron crisis). A Fisherman in the Fishermen and the Priestess quest promises a magic flail as the reward for the quest. It is one of the unnamed +1 flails that is replaced by the component, but because it is named as a magic flail in the NPC's dialogue, I believe it should remain as such.

Also, the dagger +1 in the Ankheg Pit's (AR1401) treasure horde is replaced by the component. As this is one of the few magic weapons the player can acquire early, and because it's handplaced in the horde, I feel as if it should remain as well.

I'm decently through BG1 and I think the component is well implemented, these were the only discordant notes in it so far.

edit: and no problem with snowball storm with RC7, fyi.
    edited December 2018
    edit: disregard
    Post edited by agris on
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    I'm playing on Hardcore, I think. Fourth level in game options.

I have a couple of questions about difficulty.

Does SCS modify armor class of enemies? Or how difficult it is to hit them. Because I have a very hard time hitting opponents. Even simple orcs. And my THACO is negative.

Regarding improved vampires.
    I'm in the Firkraag lair right now and there are 10-15 vampires in one place. One of my team's members wears amulet with protection from level drain. It doesn't work at all.
    Other one has an armor with protection from negative plane. It protects from level drain, but it doesn't protect from intelligence/constitution drain.
    Is there anything that protects from all of the draining abilities?
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Regarding improved vampires.
    I'm in the Firkraag lair right now and there are 10-15 vampires in one place. One of my team's members wears amulet with protection from level drain. It doesn't work at all.
    Other one has an armor with protection from negative plane. It protects from level drain, but it doesn't protect from intelligence/constitution drain.
    Is there anything that protects from all of the draining abilities?

Improved vampires has always been one of my least liked SCS components with Firekraag's vampire nest beingt the biggest offender.
    In-game wise, there is nothing you can do to protect yourself from the stat drain, except of course to not get hit (PfMW > all martial characters, as usual). With the elder and ancient vampires being buffed up quite a bit and their tendencies to sneak around and attack whatever, it creates another encounter that heavly punishes you for melee heavy and bigger party compositions.

As for your amulet, Negative Plane Protection is synonymous with Protection from Level Drain and it not working is a bug. (Though I doubt it is SCS related in any way.)
    SCS doesn't modify armor classes (not systematically, anyway - there's probably a few creatures that get tweaked).

No, there's no systematic protection from ability drain.

Yes, the amulet is a bug, though I agree with Ulb, probably not an SCS bug. What is the item, and what mods do you have installed?
  • raizoraizo Member Posts: 31
    edited December 2018
    Ulb said:

Improved vampires has always been one of my least liked SCS components with Firekraag's vampire nest beingt the biggest offender.
    In-game wise, there is nothing you can do to protect yourself from the stat drain, except of course to not get hit (PfMW > all martial characters, as usual). With the elder and ancient vampires being buffed up quite a bit and their tendencies to sneak around and attack whatever, it creates another encounter that heavly punishes you for melee heavy and bigger party compositions.

Yes, I remember that vampire hit counts as magical weapon hit, so I protect myself with PfMW. But if my memory serves me right, I still get drained. I'm going to have to confirm that.
    DavidW said:

No, there's no systematic protection from ability drain.

Yes, the amulet is a bug, though I agree with Ulb, probably not an SCS bug. What is the item, and what mods do you have installed?

That is, what I thought. It is an item from "The Undying".
    I have it installed before SCS.

Reagarding difficulties with hitting opponents. Is there any way in-game to check, what AC enemies have?
    Because "Show extra combat info" option doesn't tell that, and I'd like to see how hit rolls are performed.
    Post edited by raizo on
    hello davidW.

i'm playing game again with scs v6 + spell revisions v4 b16.(difficulty : hardcore)
    i think it is very stable.

but in chapter 6, bodhi has 2 problems.
    1. when i go to grave district, bodhi has to dissappear after she say but she remains.
    2. in bodhi's grave, she just stand. she doesn't attack, move and her magic protection script(like mage) doesn't work. so i just attack and kill bodhi very easily.

i don't know whether chapter3 bodhi fight also has problem.
    becuz, in chapter3, after few rounds, bodhi disappears. so i didn't fight her in chapter3 when i played.

my english is not good.
    but what i want to say is chapter6 bodhi has problem. thanks :)
    Blackraven
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    Hi, i am playing with v7 and i found a bug. Sorcerers don't get minor sequencer when they reach appopriate character level.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    edited December 2018
    ariakas2 said:

Hi, i am playing with v7 and i found a bug. Sorcerers don't get minor sequencer when they reach appopriate character level.

Which components are you running? I'm testing it in BG2 EE with regular BG2 spells (no IWD or Spell revisions, no changing sequencers/contingencies into innate abilities) and my sorcerer has access to minor sequencer.
  • ariakas2ariakas2 Member Posts: 80
    edited December 2018

ariakas2 said:

Which components are you running? I'm testing it in BG2 EE with regular BG2 spells (no IWD or Spell revisions, no changing sequencers/contingencies into innate abilities) and my sorcerer has access to minor sequencer.
    sorry i haven't mentioned. I am using IWD spell pack with changing sequencers into innate abilities. Mages get all the sequencers just fine as innate but sorceres don't get minor sequencer. Other sequencers and contingencies are available just like mages except minor sequencer. I don't have spell revisions also.
    OrlonKronsteen
  • Minsc2017Minsc2017 Member Posts: 34
    Hey @DavidW, l love SCS. Can't play without it.

I'm playing BG2EE, v2.3.67.3, using SCS v30. I found a couple of bugs with SCS Beholders' Death Ray.

BEHOLD01.BCS uses 3 different death ray spells: DW#BEFOB.spl, SPIN991.spl, DW#BESUD.spl. I gave them each a unique strref so I could tell which version was being cast. During my testing I'm not sure I've even seen DW#BEFOB.spl cast, so I'm ignoring that version here.

The unintended (I assume) behaviors:

1. PC's can be targeted by DW#BESUD.spl in very specific circumstances, which is an auto-kill with no save.

2. Summons are mostly targeted by SPIN991.spl, and only occasionally by DW#BESUD.spl. I assume DW#BESUD is intended to auto dispel summons, like Death Spell SPWI605.spl.

3. DW#BESUD.spl doesn't bypass magic resistance. The combination of #2 and #3 means 90% MR Skeleton Warriors (skelwasu.cre) can generally solo two or more SCS Beholders!

Fixes:

1. BEHOLD01.BCS shouldn't target PC's with DW#BESUD.spl, and I and I do see the "Gender(LastSeenBy(Myself),SUMMONED)" that should prevent it. But what I've replicated a few times now is that if I'm fighting beholders with 1 skeleton summon and 1 PC, the PC will occasionally be hit by DW#BESUD.spl and that's coded as an auto-kill for everyone. I couldn't replicate this with 1 PC solo against multiple beholders, so I assume there's some subtle unintended behavior with that "Gender(LastSeenBy(Myself),SUMMONED)" when the beholder is near both a summons and a PC.

My fix is to not touch BEHOLD01.BCS, but in DW#BESUD.spl:

IDS File/Entry - currently set to 2/0, affecting everyone. Should be 7/6 for gender.ids>summons. Then even if the PC is 'accidentally' targeted, it has no effect.

2. Rather than changing BEHOLD01.BCS, my fix for this targeting would be to roll all 3 death ray spells into a single new spell (see DW#Death below).

3. in DW#BESUD.spl, change "resist type 1" to "type 2 - no dispel/bypass resistance."

DW#Death.spl alternative:

Again, I'm assuming the desired Death Ray behavior is to always dispel summons, ignoring MR (just like spwi605.spl). So all 3 beholder death rays could be collapsed into a single spell using SPWI605.spl as the template. Would only need to add a saving throw to opcode 55 'Kill Creature Type'(PC's get a save against the Death Ray), remove the 8 HD limit (so PC's higher than level 8 are affected), and change the spell target from "area" to "creature".

Otherwise, the changes to DW#BESUD.spl still fix #1 and #3.

Thanks for the great mod!