Skip to content

NWNEE Digital Deluxe no longer supported??

2»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're still working on the text, @grom56 .
  • grom56grom56 Member Posts: 109
    Thank you for the update @JuliusBorisov
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Here's the blog entry. The newsletter will follow soon.
    grom56
    Thanks @JuliusBorisov , looks like I got the newsletter in my e-mail today!
    JuliusBorisov
  • jmrjmr Member Posts: 7
    So, over a year later it's still impossible to uninstall the Digital Deluxe version. Will I ever not have an unmoving download progress bar on my NWN icon in the Beamdog client?
    grom56RestoRanger
    Along the lines of jmr's problem, I noticed that all my mods had DLC that needed installed (via that blue circle) and downloaded them all, but the blue dot didn't clear so I went looking. It seems that my old unused Digital Deluxe version has an UPDATE waiting. If it doesn't exist anymore, why is there an update?? And what happens if I update it so I can get rid of the blue dot??? Will that trash my Retail version that now shows the little "tool" icon and says "A change to your game files has been detected." What does that mean??

A couple more things: Since I play on a PW (World of Greyhawk) I don't install DEV updates unless my DM gives the ok, since in the past there has been issues with either my game or the server being at different levels. Could the new DEV update be the reason for the change in my files??

And a last thing.... Over the last week, I seem to have to download DLC to all my mods and even the soundtracks on a daily basis. Has there been that many DLC's coming out???

Thank you for your time.
    I know I asked about this in my last post, but I didn't get a reply, so asking again:

I still have to apply DLC to all my mods and even soundtracks daily. Is there an issue with the DLC's? Are they not being applied at all? It maybe a small thing to most folks out there, but that evil blue dot drives me buggers! At best I might be able to remove it for a day, then it pops right back up!! My old non used DD version of EE STILL wants an update (no clue why) and my Retail version has the tool for file change still. I looked a bit deeper on this tool, and I'm guessing I have this thing because I play on a PW and we use a ton of Custom files. Is this the case?? It said that if I used the tool thingy, that all my game files would be reverted back to standard (or some such) and that sounds like a very bad thing....

Does anyone out there have any ideas, thoughts, feelings... anything that might clear all this up for me??? Is anyone else out there have the same or close to same issues???

Thanks for your time.
    I think at this point you might need to uninstall everything completely and then install the game and DLC. But that will require time & effort.
    Thanks for the answer @JuliusBorisov And as you say, that's a ton of work. Redoing the DLC's bugs me, but with all the custom stuff our PW uses, I'm gonna pass on re install. Again thanks for the reply!
    JuliusBorisov