Skip to content

How to CLUA console from HOW to the areas in IWD?

Hi, I recently started a new game in HOW by importing my final save characters from IWD.

I realised I still have some quest items from IWD that I haven't managed to complete. Is it possible to CLUA console my party to those areas in IWD? My game is a new HOW game, not a continuation from IWD.

Thanks!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, it's possible (have tried myself just now).

Enable the console.
    Use the following command:
    C:MoveToArea("ARXXXX")

where XXXX is the code of the area from IWD. You can see all the codes if you Ctrl+Space in the main game with the console enabled.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited December 2018

You can see all the codes if you Ctrl+Space in the main game with the console enabled.

One of the changes in 2.5 is that the area listing from the console is now contextual, e.g. pulling up this menu while in HoW only lists the HoW areas and not, say, Kuldahar or the Severed Hand. The IESDP does have a full area listing.

edit: Missed the 'main game' bit, sorry.
    Post edited by CamDawg on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Yes, I meant that the player can check and write somewhere the area codes from the console panel in the main game, then open a HOW game, and enter the code she needs there.
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    @JuliusBorisov @CamDawg

Thank you for the info! Shall give it a shot! :)