Skip to content

Can't uninstall NWN

pommel_jewelpommel_jewel Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
I can not seem to uninstall the game on my Mac running MacOS 10.13.5

When I uninstall it says "An internal error has occured, if you notice repeated issues please contact Beamdog support".

I've tried verifying the game to no avail. Any ideas?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello!

Please create a new report at https://support.baldursgate.com/projects/beamdog-client-public-bugs so that our team could look.
  • TalimeTalime Member Posts: 71
    Same issue.
  • Dreadlord_AnwynDreadlord_Anwyn Member Posts: 48
    edited December 2018
    I have this problem too, I mucked around with the files erroneously. I did this because the game kept telling me I was missing needed HAKs when I would try to log into my nwserver on the same machine. This was after I used NWhak to merge some Haks together for new material in my module.

I found out that nwhak and nwexplorer could cause such issues so I removed them and uninstalled NWN on steam and was trying to uninstall the retail version. I did a rebuild after deleting an additional folder according to a prompt I got when trying to install the developer version to a different folder (part of the aforementioned mucking about). The prompt basically told me if I was going to make a new folder to give it a new iteration of the number used by the beamdog installer.

The other bit of mucking about was putting my haks in the hk folder and creating a tlk folder. I did this because of aforementioned messages that I was missing a HAK that I was certainly not missing. I removed them when I saw a post mentioning you shouldnt put stuff in the hk folder.

I feel I should maybe also mention that the game would run my module if I didnt use nwserver, In case that wasn't inferrable. Also, the game would show two versions of my module if I posted a game to the internet without NWserver even after I deleted all but one iteration (AFAIK).

Edit: I just noticed its trying to complete the earlier attempt at downloading the dev build that I thought I aborted. Ill let that finish and it may just clear up my issue.

Edit 2: nope, I also apparently read the number wrong I think when I was prompted on how to make a new folder. I guess Im headed to the support page then.
    JuliusBorisov
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    I am still having trouble with NWN crashing when I move from one area to another. I tried to uninstall via the client, with an eye to reinstall, and could not. Should I just "rm -rf" the /Volumes/harddrivename/Applications/whateverthefivedigitnumberis directory and try to reinstall then?

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Here is the latest crash log.