Skip to content

Request - Toolset run under wine

TimendainumTimendainum Member Posts: 24
edited December 2017 in Builders - Toolset
We have heard that the toolset is build in borland or some other windows compiler that cannot target other platforms.

Trent mentioned on one of the streams that BD could probably make it run under wine. Trent also mentioned that BD guys are not listening to the streams and we should post here for things we want.

So here it is. I want to see the toolset runnable under wine, in linux and on a mac. Make sure it works on Mac first. :P
RifleLeroy

Comments

• meaglynmeaglyn Member Posts: 146
    This is being discussed in this thread. Linux/Mac in wine is the same basic issue. The 1.69 toolset does work. But the new graphics fixes seem to be stressing the wine openGL implementation... to put it mildly. Not sure what will come of it as it may be wine code that needs fixing more than NWN code.

That said, since there is a Linux server I think we need Linux toolset first ;)
    Timendainum
  • TimendainumTimendainum Member Posts: 24
    Linux toolset will never happen. They've already said as much.
  • TondenTonden Member Posts: 223
    There is a little difference between just running on Linux and running it in Linux using Wine. The old toolset couldn't be ran just using Linux but could be ran on Linux using Wine. However something they did with the NWN-EE toolset broke this.

So it used to work and still does with 1.69. There for it would be nice if they could just fix it so it could run on Linux using Wine like 1.69 can. We have people who are Linux users that have been able to use the toolset and are now being left out.

Kamigoroshi
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    *scratches head* Are we the only ones who have the nwn toolset operational under linux?
  • PhenomenPhenomen Member Posts: 33
    edited December 2017
    I think you should report bug to Wine so they will fix compatibility... eventually.
    Nor Bioware nor Beamdog officially support Toolset under Linux so it not their job to fix this edge-case issue.
    GM_ODA said:

*scratches head* Are we the only ones who have the nwn toolset operational under linux?

The NWN:EE toolset? It runs fine until you open an area. What version of wine and what video card are you using that is working? For me 1.69 works fine. NWN:EE not so much.
    thirdmousesquattingmonk
  • squattingmonksquattingmonk Member Posts: 59
    edited March 2018
    The 8164 patch allows the toolset to run under Wine again. Even the area viewer is working for me so far in testing. :grin:
    meaglyn
    Yes, indeed. Good job guys and thanks! Seems to be better than the 1.69 version under wine now.
    Symphony
  • KaylemspiritKaylemspirit Member Posts: 2
    I have got the Toolset working on two seperate Macs now both by using Steam Installations. Not sure if this would work the same with a Beamdog or GOG install but would be interesting to see if it does. I made a video of how I did this here

I hope this is of some use to some of you.
    Thanks K.
    dunahan