Skip to content

Is there a way to disable cutscene subtitles?

Hello good people.

So I find the added subs on the cutscenes really annoying and distracting, hoping theres some fix or option somewhere to disable them. BG2's intros are legendary these subs kinda ruin them for me.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Mush_Mush, although this is a bit late, do you still need to know how? If so:

- Select Options
    - Select Language
    - Uncheck 'Show Subtitles' (bottom of the screen)

Gus
    lefreutJuliusBorisov
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Options > Language > Show subtitles and Sounds > Character Sounds > Character subtitles are bugged, deselecting them does not turn off cutscene subtitles.
    Tested on BGEE SOD unmodded and EET
    Hi @kungfuhobbit, what environment are you playing in? I just tried (on a Windows 10 platform) on both BGEE stand alone and BGEE SOD and subtiles weren't displayed when unchecked. Don't have EET to try.

Gus
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Windows 10 as well. Thanks for checking. hmm..I did "Verify installation" on SOD. That should wipe it afresh? And Im testing against a new game into Prologue, Gorion has subs for "Listen carefully..." etc
    edited April 2020
    @kungfuhobbit, right... I see what you are taking about. I too am getting that text. It could be built into that scene.

Gus

Edit: Upon further investigation, the text used in the scene, like "Listen carefully..." etc, are actually display strings from within the script itself and not part of the cutscene. Hope that helps.

Gus
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    JuliusBorisovkungfuhobbit