Skip to content

[Android BGIIEE] Download failed because you may not have purchased this app

BGIIEE 1.3
Android 4.4.4 (rooted)
Sony Xperia Z Ultra

After I've installed the game I get this "Download failed because you may not have purchased this app". Bought and downloaded form the Google Play store. Anyone have any idea what could cause this?

Comments

• thejackle123thejackle123 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2015
    In trying to fix it other problems came up so I've now re flashed and rooted my phone. Will check if it works after that. Well it works now don't know what the problem was though.
    Post edited by thejackle123 on
  • tfourtfour Member Posts: 1
    Sorry to necro this thread from 2015, but I'm having the same problem. I've cleaned cache and data, uninstalled, went to folders in the file system to make sure everything is deleted. I've also opted into beta successfully, it lets me install the beta version - still no luck. It installs fine and then on launch I get the same message.

On another device - no problem, the game installs and runs. So there's no actual issue with my account or my purchase. There's something about my phone that causes it, but I can't figure out what. Any advice? If anyone knows, could you list the path to all directories in Android that the game uses? So that I make sure I've deleted everything and not missed something that causes the corruption. Thanks in advance!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @tfour Please try the second solution from this instruction: https://www.andropalace.org/how-to-fix-error-download-failed-you/

If it doesn't help, report it at support.baldursgate.com to hear from our QA.
  • ParagoneParagone Member Posts: 4
    Same error for me on BG1, BG2 and PS:T. Sadly, what @JuliusBorisov said doesn't work because when you download the game from Google Play the obb is already located in android/obb. I don't know what causes this error, and it seems as if the game doesn't recognize the obb, hence why it says that it's downloading the data files.
    It may also be that the app doesn't care about wifi either, because it says the same thing even if there's no internet connection available.