Skip to content

Adding battle music in IWDEE?

I noticed that in Valley of Shadows the combat music plays, but in other places it doesn't.

I know it's part of the game, but I was hoping if there's a mod or an option to add other ones. Like BG2EE combat themes for example

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    It turns out that one of the modders on this forum, @sarevok57 , has made exactly the mod you want! Go read about it here.
    sarevok57Nikoruson
  • NikorusonNikoruson Member Posts: 9
    @OlvynChuru thank you so much!

Can I just install the music as an option?
    I'm still new to the game, even though I finished it. So right now I dont have plans for anything that changes the gameplay.

Like to learn slowly lol

Only mod I have is NPCs mod.
  • theacefestheacefes Member Posts: 85
    I am not sure if this is what you're asking for but I'll give it a shot...

I don't know about EE but for vanilla adding/replacing combat tracks was a bit of a pain because you had to also include things like stingers in case combat ended earlier than the track ended. But I recall doing it for my total conversion mod like a billion years ago. I have a BG2 mod that replaces regular background tracks in the game with my own creations - maybe you could look at the code there for an example on how to replace tracks.
    Nikoruson
  • ber5nie5ber5nie5 Member Posts: 424
    Welcome to the forum! :)
    Nikoruson
    @theacefes I'll give it a shot!

I've been reading a bit on modding guides to learn how to do it myself and eventually share it in the forums.
    @ber5nie5 Well met, friend!