Skip to content

Any advice on a BG2 PC version level up bug?

Hi, I don't know why but my main character (Fighter Lvl 11), when levelling up both the last time and this time round, only gets his +3 hp CON bonus and nothing else, as if not even rolling a hit dice. Has anyone encountered this problem on any platform?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    It’s not a bug: level 9 is the last point at which you get a roll (unless you mod your game).
  • TitofTitof Member Posts: 2
    I see. Doesn't sound very fair, considering the characters continue levelling up for a while. Anyway, thanks for your answer, that's cleared that up.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited January 2019
    Fighters and Clerics stop rolling dice for HP at L9, Mages and Thieves at L10. After that, it's +1 for Mages, +2 for Clerics/Thieves, and +3 for Fighters.

For dual classes, the first class' levels are what get the HP for those levels. So if you are a Mage for 9 levels and then dual to Fighter, you'll never see those juicy D10s even though you're starting a Fighter from L1.

Things get weird for Multiclasses.

Edit-In an unmodded game. I personally am using an unholy lovechild between Tweaks NWN style, Scales of Balance, and my own idea on scaling, so my HP/level tables are...very weird.