Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Any advice on a BG2 PC version level up bug?

Hi, I don't know why but my main character (Fighter Lvl 11), when levelling up both the last time and this time round, only gets his +3 hp CON bonus and nothing else, as if not even rolling a hit dice. Has anyone encountered this problem on any platform?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 603
    It’s not a bug: level 9 is the last point at which you get a roll (unless you mod your game).

• TitofTitof Member Posts: 2
    I see. Doesn't sound very fair, considering the characters continue levelling up for a while. Anyway, thanks for your answer, that's cleared that up.

• QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 723
    edited January 13
    Fighters and Clerics stop rolling dice for HP at L9, Mages and Thieves at L10. After that, it's +1 for Mages, +2 for Clerics/Thieves, and +3 for Fighters.

For dual classes, the first class' levels are what get the HP for those levels. So if you are a Mage for 9 levels and then dual to Fighter, you'll never see those juicy D10s even though you're starting a Fighter from L1.

Things get weird for Multiclasses.

Edit-In an unmodded game. I personally am using an unholy lovechild between Tweaks NWN style, Scales of Balance, and my own idea on scaling, so my HP/level tables are...very weird.

Lammas