Hi Beamdog devs,
I've just purchased Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition but unfortunately it keeps crashing, it looks that any armor change or encounter trigger can cause that. It looks like it's struggling to load models properly.
I can crash game immediately from prelude by taking off / changing my default armor. I can leave prelude room, speak to tutorial dwarf from the shop (next area door opens fine), if I zoom out or change the angle to see the open room nothing happens but when I approach it it crashes (I think an encounter is spawning NPC there). Same thing happens in both expansions. The Hordes of Underdark cinematics works fine. I can also fight the initial assassin fine, only when I leave the room it crashes immediately.
I use Windows Defender with no Access Control, no other AV software running. No custom content or modules have been loaded yet. Stock installation.
Windows 10 x64 Pro OS build 17134.523
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz
nVidia GTX 1070
16 GB RAM
Native resolution 2560 x1440
Acer Predator monitor with G-Sync
Asus D2X sound card
What I've tried so far:
- Lowering all graphics details, textures and in-between combinations (some low some high), including advanced graphics settings in nwn menus
- Lowering resolution, changing menu scaling
- Tried with and without V-Sync
- Tried with and without G-Sync
- Tried with refresh rate of 60 Hz and 120 Hz
- Tried disabling sound cards in Device Manager in case it was down to sound card
- Tried updating nVidia graphics drivers to the latest (it was running stock drivers without GeForce experience initially from Windows Update)
- Testing different campaign modules and races
- Tried BETA (8184) and Developer Steam builds
- Getting OpenAL drivers from their website