Skip to content

XP2 Crafting Issue?

NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
edited January 2019 in Builders - Scripting
I've placed various types of animals and bashable placeables around a test area. They all have OnDeath scripts with the "craft_drop_items" or "craft_drop_placeable" functions (using defaults). I've also altered "x2_inc_compon" a couple different ways to no longer check for crafting skill and/or just check for >=0. But no matter what I do I can't get any crafting components to drop. Not sure what I'm missing. Is it hard coded that no matter what you HAVE to have some crafting skill just for the components to drop?

Comments

• NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    edited January 2019
    Upon further testing, if I copy the x2_inc_compon script as I've modified it (with same name), then alter all the default scripts such as nw_c2_default7 (without actually changing anything about them) then crafting items will drop even with no crafting skill. But why can't I just alter x2_inc_compon instead of having to do every other default script. This is sooo annoying. I don't get it. I don't recall this as being the default behavior. I though if you modified an #include and compile then the other default scripts would just use the modified #include in the list?

P.S. I also make sure I "build/compile" module after each change.
    Post edited by NeverwinterWights on
  • Awas73Awas73 Member Posts: 61
    Now I am not sure on this but I do know that as of XP2 there are new default files for creatures and such. Examples are:

OnBlocked=x2_def_onblocked
    OnDamaged=x2_def_ondamage
    OnDeath=x2_def_ondeath
    OnConversation=x2_def_onconv
    OnDisturbed=x2_def_ondisturb
    OnCombatRoundEnd=x2_def_endcombat
    OnHeartbeat=x2_def_heartbeat
    OnPhysicalAttacked=x2_def_attacked
    OnPerception=x2_def_percept
    OnRested=x2_def_rested
    OnSpawn=x2_def_spawn
    OnSpellCast=x2_def_spellcast
    OnUserDefined=x2_def_userdef

Now some of these run extra functions and then "ExecuteScript" the default old NW scripts. Not sure if this is why but it may have something to do with it.