Skip to content

For the love of all that is good and holy, please fix the pathing in BG II

I don't think I ever really had this problem in the first BG: EE. I think it was an issue in Dragonspear, but it is definitely an issue in Shadows of Amn.

People in my party are constantly just wandering off in random directions when I tell them to move. It's not a case of there not being enough room for them, they just simply wander off. Also, sometimes party members won't move the first time i tell them to.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    one thing you can try is setting the path nodes to 400000 ( right now they are set to 32000 ) this can be done by going to "my documents" and opening the baldur's gate (2) folder and going into the .ini file

also one thing to note: if there is black fog of war in the way, they will not be able to find their way, so make sure there isn't any black fog of war between them and their destination or else they are going to get stuck and sometimes not move because of it
  • DoozerpindanDoozerpindan Member Posts: 32
    There's a Baldur.lua file with that line, but no .ini file. I edited the line in the .lua file, hopefully it works.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

There's a Baldur.lua file with that line, but no .ini file. I edited the line in the .lua file, hopefully it works.

oh, my bad, on my PC it's an .ini file, but i suppose it can be a .lua file on others :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724

Yes. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/952130/#Comment_952130
  • DoozerpindanDoozerpindan Member Posts: 32
    It doesn't seem to have improved it massively, but thanks anyway :)