hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
edited November 2012 in Fixed
Preface:
The Spell Conjure Fire Elemental [sppr605 + spwi620] summons with
60% chance: a 12 HD Fire Elemental
35% chance: a 16 HD Fire Elemental
5% chance: a 24 HD Fire Elemental

Actual Behavior:
The 16 HD Fire Elemental has lower Strength (14 STR) than the 12 HD one (18 STR).

Desired Behavior:
It should actually have 18 Strength just like the weaker version.

Involved CRE-files (16 HD Fire Elemental):
ELFIRPR2
ELFIRSU3
(ELFIRSU)

edits:
1) That's more a problem concerning BG2, I guess :)
2) Made the title more clear
3) Added correction from Wisp
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I guess this affects the damage caused by them?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Need to check if they all have the same "weapon" or not. If the 16HD Elemental has a better "weapon", it might do better damage and the STR difference might not be relevant.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Wisp might have some insight on the matter due to his work on aTWEAKS (though the P&P Elementals component has actually been coded by aVENGER that I know of).
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    No, it appears to be a legitimate issue. All fire elementals use the same weapon.
    It is worth noting that ELFIRPR2 and ELFIRESU3 are the relevant creatures, however. ELFIRSU is unused and ELFIRESU4 isn't 16 HD. There is also DECKFELE, but it is not terribly relevant to BGEE (belonging to the DoMT).
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    @Wisp
    Thanks for the correction, I mixed up the Numbers.
    Will correct it in the post.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    Tanthalas said:

Need to check if they all have the same "weapon" or not. If the 16HD Elemental has a better "weapon", it might do better damage and the STR difference might not be relevant.

As I'm not one doing the work, I can say this without sweating the work, but sometimes it's nice to fix this just to know it's fixed, rather than just looking at the end product.

I was in a wedding over the weekend and even though my tie was totally hidden, I knew it wasn't right. 10 minutes before the ceremony started I pulled off my vest and had to redo the whole thing, just so I knew it was right.

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    This one has been fixed already.