Skip to content

Where are the streams

Title says it all

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Near bodies of water, I'd wager.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    On their twitter it says they stopped doing them and will do them on special occasions instead. They are probably very busy, Trello is jam packed with stuff to do, and a lot of the questions become kind of repetitive that amount to "when will the thing be done and shipped in a patch?"
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    A heads up on here would've been nice(I don't do twitter). On the last stream Trent said something about Sarah and someone else doing the next stream but then...nothing? And the streams "announcement" thread changed to closed. Sad. But I suppose if they use the time to get some stuff done I won't complain too much.
  • peardoxpeardox Member Posts: 37
    I don't get it, we all wait for this for a week

Wouldn't it be simple if they replaced Trent + Co with some new employees? Trent has said he's hiring so SOMEONE must be available for the stream.

They're obviously on product launch which leads to three options

1) New IP
    2) New NWN 2
    3) Console (this one is my guess)

We would REALLY appreciate it if we had a stream next week - hell I'd do it if I had some Ts to give away as I'm positive this is better than NOTHING

Trent - take care of your fans, we can be a fickle bunch

We can take product to amazing levels but also destroy them

You're making a serious mistake by ignoring us (management 101 dude)
    Got it

If Trent won't stream why not do it ourseleves?

I would like some feedback from some private server owners

I'm looking at setting one up myself

This may take a few weeks but we can do it
    I don't do twitter either, I googled their twitter and saw it but yeah.

I don't think t-shirts are needed but there used to be an nwn community podcast years ago.
    Zwerkules
  • StaranStaran Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 295
    Beamdog doesn’t think the streams were worth it.
    Looking at the numbers maybe 2k people saw them live/twitch/YouTube so I guess they are correct.
    But they won’t be giving very good updates from now on
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i stopped caring about the streams once 2.5 came out. they started becoming very redundant and not very informative.
    DerpCityGirewanRifleLeroy
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    They should keep the community informed on what's going on, that would be more informative than the streams and provide valuable information.

Without streams nor roadmap, this looks like a dead place. Not good.
    DerpCity
  • ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    I personally loved the streams, with there silliness and information even though some days they were less informative as I would of like. I personally thought they should of only done them once a month, a lot more information (less repetitive information) more work done on the games and less stress of a stream every week. I still hope they at least go to maybe once every three month. I'm happy that I got my T-shirt before they canceled them(which I been wanting one ever since the original game came out (2002) and missed then) I also wished they talked to more community members, there are plenty of interesting, talented, intelligent people in the community that can give insight into the game and I would even love to see just someone who played a lot of nwn modules, Dm a lot or built a lot of nwn modules give their thoughts on what they want and where the direction of the game should go, fun recommends(modules/hak/scripts etc..) and memorable playing/dm/team moments.
    Just some thoughts from the shadows.
    I can think of a few people that regularly stream either NWN:EE or NWN:DE that would probably be able to do it, both with infrastructure and enough stream presence. On the other hand I think someone would just have to volunteer themselves by starting it up themselves. There definitely are a lot of interesting topics that never really got covered, even for example, what the old EAX (software fix) sounds like compared to the current "3D" audio. Getting insight in to the new custom content projects would be interesting too.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Japualtah said:
    They should keep the community informed on what's going on, that would be more informative than the streams and provide valuable information. Without streams nor roadmap, this looks like a dead place. Not good.
    Don't worry. We will post montly summaries and answer community questions.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74174/beamdog-livestreams-update
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/74182/ask-beamdog/p1
  • jonesr65jonesr65 Member Posts: 66
    I'd like one right after Beamdog a development build, a release build, and maybe a quarter update.
  • sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
    I used to only read the blog digest about the stream. I did try to check the BeamDog blog (http://blog.beamdog.com/) website and I realize there is no entrys for this week. Oh, wait, super weird, the site is offline to me now.
    They said just before Christmas they were having the holidays off and would be back this year

This, as we know, didn't happen

The only reason I can see for ignoring us all (WE MISS TRENT) is impending product launch (consoles), NWN2 launch (a good theory), the office move (doubtful owing to the fact December came from there)

What's wrong with NOT Trent's doing the cast?

If we assume Trent earns $1M per annum that makes his hourly rate about $500

So for $70 per day he spends on marketing (companies would kill for that numer)

What's missing from these pretend numbers?

Trent... Or a stand in.

Can we have casts back please.

We don't care if it's the cleaner presenting the show (hire him / her for an hour)