Skip to content

Character sheet lay on hands modification ?

Hi
I found that the paladin's lay on hands ability score is listed in the character record screen, but its not connected the actual ability, so when i mod the amount to heal, the record screen shows the unmodded one. Can i modify the character records sheet screen ?

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Good question @JuliusBorisov or @CamDawg, any help?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Please file this as a bug report at support.baldursgate.com , @Danacm , so that it could be investigated.
  • DanacmDanacm Member Posts: 951
    @JuliusBorisov is it a bug ? Because in unmodded its fine, show the amount right. But if i mod the lay on hands, its not the same anymore.
    Or can i remove the line from character sheet?
  • BubbBubb Member Posts: 1,000
    @Danacm: Most of the Character Screen's text is hopelessly hardcoded by the engine.

You could *attempt* to do some hacky text replacement in UI.MENU, but it would be really irritating and might not work for all languages. If you are really desperate to change the text, I could try to implement something like this for you...

Otherwise, the engine is hardcoded to pull LAYONHANDSAMOUNT from STATS.IDS in order to display the value. If you could set that stat every round after the engine recalculates it, I suppose it would be possible to change the amount the engine displays... the only problem is that the only way to unintrusively set stats is Opcode #282, and Beamdog slapped some bounds checking on it so we can't set stats below #156...

I know that was a bit of a ramble; tldr: Not without resorting to UI.MENU hackery.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Well, I've investigated enough to tell it's not pulling numbers from the spell (spcl211.spl) or the table (layhands.2da), so it's likely in the arcana of the UI.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @CamDawg

If I give LoH to a kit do I need to APEND layhands.2da with something?