Skip to content

can a PC get forced into a certain combat mode?

Is there a way to limit the number of attacks per round for a given melee weapon  (sort of like Crossbows which get only one attack per round) or force a PC into a certain combat mode, eg Dirty Fighting, via an item property?  I was thinking I'd like to have certain melee weapons (morning stars and flails) be limited in the number of attacks per round they are capable of.

Comments

• Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    Calgacus said:
    Is there a way to limit the number of attacks per round for a given melee weapon  (sort of like Crossbows which get only one attack per round) or force a PC into a certain combat mode, eg Dirty Fighting, via an item property?  I was thinking I'd like to have certain melee weapons (morning stars and flails) be limited in the number of attacks per round they are capable of.

Just out of curiosity, why those particular weapons?
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    I just always had  a soft spot for the morning star with the spikes and thought that the weapon in NWN is not much good and looks pretty much like a mid-sized spikey flail.  I thought it might be fun to give the weapons a little more usefulness and distinctiveness.  In reality the weapons were probably not much of a force or generally very useful but in NWN why not jazz them up a  bit - might try to come up with some ideas for other weapons too like the trident which i imagine might have been good for disarming attacks in the hands of a gladiator.   In reality, if the morning star was every really used as a serious weapon, it was probably  slow but potentially useful for getting around a shield - hence the Dirty Fighting.    

Also starting to think of adding some other properties to the standard armors and helmets to make them a bit more realistic and useful when still non-magical - eg plate mail  might get a little bit of damage immunity to slashing weapons but maybe a damage vulnerability to electrical damage; some helmets might get something similar but also an AC bonus and maybe some penalties to skills like spot and search.