Skip to content

Enhanced Editions getting Console Release

spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
https://www.skybound.com/games/beamdog-console-baldurs-gate-neverwinter-nights-and-more/
Today we’re proud to announce that Skybound Games is teaming up with Beamdog to bring some of their classic roleplaying videogames to console platforms. We’ll be bringing Baldur’s Gate, Baldur’s Gate ll, Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights to an entertainment console near you very soon.

Triple dip on mah Switch?

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    how is that even gonna work?
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited February 2019
    megamike15 wrote: »
    how is that even gonna work?

I mean they released them on phones? All you really need is a mouse cursor on the analogue stick and a few shortcuts. I used to play Baldur’s Gate with just a mouse all the controls are in the UI.

In fact if I’m feeling lazy I do use the Steam Controller for Baldur’s Gate and Pillars of Eternity from time to time.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    my major concerns is modding. neverwinter nights main selling point is it's custom content. they got it to work on android but it will not be that easy on consoles.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    edited February 2019
    Yea not sure about the modding that will be a real kicker. Since I posted this Julius made an official post. Might be one for the Ask Beamdog questions.

For myself NWN I’ve never really been that interested in Neverwinter Nights so I’m a bit out of touch with that aspect.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Closing as a dupe to the thread from the News section.
This discussion has been closed.