Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 - Anomen Delryn and his sister Moira

ThanatosZeroThanatosZero Member Posts: 17
In the course of Anomen's personal quests Moira will be killed by Saerk Farrahd through his servants.
However, since divine magic allows to bring back the dead, what stops CHARNAME and party from doing so?

Edit: In the same regard, when Anomen's father is also killed in the course of the Romance, it should be possible to undo the murder.
killerrabbit

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    edited February 2019
    In PnP, the cost of a Raise Dead spell can be hundreds of gold, and given Cor Delryn's drinking habit, it's possible that the family has already hit bankruptcy due to wasted money and mismanagement. They might no longer be wealthy enough to afford the spell.

In BG2, the Raise Dead spell is easily affordable to a party like Charname's, but it can't work on people outside the party, including certain people like Gorion, Khalid, Dynaheir, Nalia's father, and (Siege of Dragonspear spoiler)
    Skie,
    who must remain permanently dead for the purposes of drama.
    ThanatosZeroBlackravenThacoBell
  • ThanatosZeroThanatosZero Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2019
    I see, so all those who died except for Spoiler, chose to stay dead.
    Atleast Charname should be able to speak about it.
    In case of Natia and Anomen's relatives they can tell Charname, that their relatives do not wish to be brought back to life, due their own POVs.

Charname: Your sister may have been killed Anomen, but that deed can easly be undone.

Anomen: You are right so CHARNAME, but unlike me, my family has a different outlook to life.

Charname: How so?

Anomen: Once you die, no matter the circumstances, it was meant to happen.

Charname: Quite the fatalistic outlook, but I respect that.

Anomen: You know, it is difficult for myself. I too could bring her back, but I know she would refuse.

Anomen: Regardless it is time to return to our task at hand. Let us go CHARNAME.
    Post edited by ThanatosZero on
    Blackraven
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    To quote Rick from Rick and Morty: "Don't think about it."
    BlackravenThanatosZero
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    raise dead is a real iffy thing in dnd. in the ie games and nwn it's more a gameplay thing then a story thing for if you watch actual dnd campaigns when people die they stay dead.

this is why we have situations where people can't be raised at all it's for the sake of the story.