Skip to content

Drake's Dungeon - New NWN Stream

TemplarDrakeTemplarDrake Member Posts: 44
Hi guys,

Back in November/December I started doing some streams a la Beamdogs stream, but mostly aimed at my own server. I did try to cover major Beamdog news as well though. Now that the Beamdog stream is no more I feel like going a bit bigger.

However I'd like to hear your thoughts first. In my mind the streams was something unique and even though it could get tedious I still enjoyed tuning in whenever I could. It was like having saturday morning cartoons back. A program each week to look forward to.

Agenda:

1: Welcome
2: Recent BD/NWN News
3: Dive into interesting forum topics and discuss
4: Possible server focus/tips/builds/custom mods etc

The remainder of the stream I would then talk a bit about my own server and its updates (If any). Shameless plug I know. And end it with a fun event/toolset building/level a char or such.

If you have questions, suggestions, want to team up or anything you want to see in the stream don't hesitate to comment here or come to the stream.

The streams will take place here: twitch.com/templardrake

Usual schedule: Saturdays at 19:00 GMT/UTC +1 (DST +2) = 13:00 EST/UTC -5

- I will add streams to YouTube ASAP here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCskJfpwAtAuDfXlNMzPSA_g

Next stream:

Sunday 17th of March - Episode 1

Thanks for all your input,

- Drake
Post edited by TemplarDrake on
zunathJuliusBorisovZwerkules

Comments

• DallianceHitherDallianceHither Member Posts: 8
    Interesting. NWN podcast used to do server admin interviews, like down the list.
    TemplarDrakeJuliusBorisov
  • CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    Are your streams still available?
    Occasional tips for effective play and use of custom systems might be good. Similar content for other related games (NWN2, DA) might be interesting too and give you more scope for stuff to talk about.

I'd watch such a stream. There used to be a NWN podcast that I listened to, I wonder if those folks are still in the commuity.
    JuliusBorisov
  • TemplarDrakeTemplarDrake Member Posts: 44
    Calgacus wrote: »
    Are your streams still available?
    Occasional tips for effective play and use of custom systems might be good. Similar content for other related games (NWN2, DA) might be interesting too and give you more scope for stuff to talk about.

I'd watch such a stream. There used to be a NWN podcast that I listened to, I wonder if those folks are still in the commuity.

Tips, possible builds and custom systems are a great idea.

I made sure to download my streams yeah as they disappear from Twitch.

- Drake
    JuliusBorisov
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Suggestion: Put those downloaded streams up on YouTube. That way we can get an idea of what they actually look like. Other suggestion - Do not use the BD slot. They did say that they might have the odd one now and again when they had something to say/announce/whatever and it would be unfortunate if that clashed with yours.

TR
    TorgrimmerzunathPrince_Raymond
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Would love to see these maybe get permission from @JuliusBorisov to have @JuliusBorisov promo/advertise the stream on the forum to make sure it does not violate forum rules to get audience for stream.
    Prince_Raymond
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Torgrimmer wrote: »
    Would love to see these maybe get permission from @JuliusBorisov to have @JuliusBorisov promo/advertise the stream on the forum to make sure it does not violate forum rules to get audience for stream.

I won't advertise it myself, but everyone is free to do so.
    Torgrimmer
    Torgrimmer wrote: »

I won't advertise it myself, but everyone is free to do so.

OK was not sure if we were allowed to due to rules with advertise clause, but thank you. :smiley:@JuliusBorisov
    JuliusBorisov
    edited February 2019
    Been quiet for some time. Had a lot of stuff to deal with and got struck by no internet for a while, and then I turned 30. Ugh!

Here is a sample of the first stream I did for my server.

Feedback welcome:

(Since this video has been recorded I invested in a standalone mic etc. So the overall quality should be better than this)

If you have ideas for titles that would be great. So far I am thinking Drake's Dungeon, but that MAY be too corny :P

- Drake
    TorgrimmerJuliusBorisovCalgacus
    I thought that first stream was interesting. Personally, I have practically no experience with NWN DMing, multiplayer playing or persistent world playing so any tips or how-tos in that regard would be interesting to me. Even interesting aspects of single player gaming such as how to use various tactics, crafting systems, community projects like PRC, CPP, etc might be helpful to newbs (and maybe even some non-so-newbs).
    TemplarDrake
  • ninjazninjaz Member Posts: 13
    If you have ideas for titles that would be great. So far I am thinking Drake's Dungeon, but that MAY be too corny :P
    - Drake

Drake's Dungeon is a lot more clever than you are feeling it to be right now. A drake is a name usually used in tandem with dragons. NWN is a D&D game. It fits well.
    DerpCityTemplarDrakePrince_Raymond
    ninjaz wrote: »
    - Drake

Drake's Dungeon is a lot more clever than you are feeling it to be right now. A drake is a name usually used in tandem with dragons. NWN is a D&D game. It fits well.

You sire, convinced me hah!

- Drake
    Prince_Raymond
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    - Drake

- Drake

The best part about that is the Hip-Hop artist, Drake, can't sue you for copyright infringement because that's your very own IP. Oh, Snap! Look what you done did, son. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    - Drake

- Drake

The best part about that is the Hip-Hop artist, Drake, can't sue you for copyright infringement because that's your very own IP. Oh, Snap! Look what you done did, son. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

HAH! Drake (The artist) sent out his first mixtape in 2006. I've been going by Drake since at least 2001 when Diablo 2 LOD came out!

- Drake
    Prince_Raymond
    I will be doing the first episode of Drake's Dungeon (NWN stream) tomorrow, saturday at 19:00 UTC/GMT +1. Tune in on Twitch!

I'll be discussing recent Beamdog news, a few concerns and of course playing some NWN!

- Drake
    Torgrimmer
    Tweeted the stream info for bro hope you get some followers :smiley:
    TemplarDrake
  • BalanorBalanor Member Posts: 176
    I will be doing the first episode of Drake's Dungeon (NWN stream) tomorrow, saturday at 19:00 UTC/GMT +1. Tune in on Twitch!

I'll be discussing recent Beamdog news, a few concerns and of course playing some NWN!

- Drake

If you're planning to simulate the Beamdog streams, don't forget to profile something about Arelith too!
  • Carlo_OneCarlo_One Member Posts: 77
    Good streaming! Will flag it on Neverwinter Connections.
  • ninjazninjaz Member Posts: 13
    Did I miss the stream?
    No one really showed up. So I will reschedule for next saturday if possible and try to announce it better.

- Drake
    I will try to watch but will probably not be able to catch them live so I'm hoping you will post them to youtube.
    I have updated the initial post with all the details regarding the stream. Will try the first stream this sunday (Had to move it not home on Saturday).

- Drake
    JuliusBorisov
    As I don't know what time I will be home this Saturday I will be streaming the next episode this sunday! Find the details at the top.

Current agenda is discuss the recent beamblog and continue my character from last time.

Suggestions are welcome!

See you there!

-Drake
    Sylvus_Moonbow
    edited April 2019
    We can't have Easter without a good old NWN Stream. Therefor the next episode of Drake's Dungeon will be this Sunday. Find me at 19:00 GMT/UTC +1 (DST +2) = 12:00 EST/UTC -5.

Current agenda:

- Latest Beamdog news (Console update)
    - Toolset updates
    - Website Focus: Neverwinter Connections
    - Character Playthrough (Join me on Bastions of Peace)

Suggestions are welcome!

See you there!

- Drake
    JuliusBorisov
    The next episode of Drake's Dungeon will be this Sunday. Find me at <https://www.twitch.tv/templardrake&gt; 19:00 GMT/UTC +1 (DST +2) = 12:00 EST/UTC -5.

Current agenda:

- A closer look at recent Matt Chat Interview (<
    - Website Focus: Neverwinter Vault
    - Discussion: Are we too afraid to try new servers?
    - Toolset Building

If you have suggestions or anything you'd like to see don't hesitate to let me know.

The more that turn up and participate the better stream and discussion we can have :)

See you there!
    JuliusBorisovZwerkules
    @TemplarDrake did you mean BST and not GMT? If so our friends in Europe on CET will need to watch at 20:00 CET.

TR
    @TemplarDrake So I went to the address in your post, at the time stated and all I got was a message about needing a time machine. Suspect you need to check with some time conversion charts.

I hope you recorded it so you can post a link so that I can see it some time.

TR
    Hey @TarotRedhand .

I had to cancel due to network issues. I got them fixed now. So will do a repeat this Sunday :)
    TarotRedhand
    The network issues was resolved and the above planned episode will be live in 2 hours and 13 mins.

- Drake
    JuliusBorisovSylvus_Moonbow
    Tonight I am doing a special edition of my Drake's Dungeon live streams.

This will mark the very first DM run quest on my own server. To warm up I will do some toolset stuff and discuss NWN leading into the quest.

Where to watch: twitch.tv/TemplarDrake

When: 18:00 EDT (US) and 00:00 GMT +1 (EU)
    - The quest stream will start one hour later.

The quest itself will be for everyone. So if you want to join just join us on Bastion of Peace.

During the stream I will try to cover relevant NWN topics.

- Drake
    JuliusBorisovleeuxZwerkules