Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @CharlestonianTemplar wrote...
    NEXT STEPS: Take control of Nashkel Mines, Level 2

Presumably you meant Cloakwood Mines, as your screenshot was clearly Cloakwood and not Nashkel.
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldMantis37CrevsDaak
  • @CharlestonianTemplar wrote...
    NEXT STEPS: Take control of Nashkel Mines, Level 2

Presumably you meant Cloakwood Mines, as your screenshot was clearly Cloakwood and not Nashkel.

Yep - thanks brother.
    Corey_RussellWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Taking a quick poll with my playthrough comrades here.

I'm at the point where I always decide whether to dual Imoen from Thief to Mage. Usually I do it as soon as she hits level 7.

I have always thought if I just keep her as a thief, that she'll be fantastic down the road. Instead, I usually end up waiting on her to graduate to the Mage level 8 so I can use her thieving skills again, which means she's a weak Mage - usually in Durlag's Tower, although she gains levels pretty fast when the rest of the party is playing at level 5-6-7.

What do y'all think? Thanks for any input. CT
    BlackravenWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Blackraven wrote: »
    Grond0 wrote: »
    I said in the last update I'd tried loading the autosave and Angelo and Diarmid still didn't spawn when talking to Sarevok.

Sorry I missed that. Am a poor reader during my commutes I think (which makes @Mantis37's no-reload achievement all the grander to me). Looks like you may have to re-install SCS then, or just wait for v32 (which in its current form still has some bugs of its own). Good luck with your next endeavor.

Thanks for the compliment :). Playing in short spurts was probably quite beneficial for my play on a tactical level, though it did tend to reduce immersion.

Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @CharlestonianTemplar if you want to dual her, but then level her up quickly, you could let your other party members rest in an inn while you work as a duo with Imoen. If you save up high value encounters like basilisks you could make pretty quick progress to get her thief levels back.
    BlackravenCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • StromaelStromael Member Posts: 195
    edited February 2019
    @CharlestonianTemplar, it entirely depends on whether you want a Mage in BG1 or not. I believe the class isn't necessary, and you have a Bard to cover most of your arcane requirements. Pumping up her thieving skills could come in very useful down the road, as suggested by @Serg_BlackStrider. In your shoes I wouldn't dual until SoA.

@Wise_Grimwald, that conversation with Kresselack is my favourite in the game. :smile: Dripping with cynicism! Good luck against the Verbeegs, keep your Paladin safe!
    Post edited by Stromael on
    Wise_GrimwaldBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Just wondering what happens if you actually fight Kresselack. Is he beatable, and if so, does he have any possessions of value?
    Stromael
    Just wondering what happens if you actually fight Kresselack. Is he beatable, and if so, does he have any possessions of value?
    I've never been able to kill him, and I think he's intended to be unbeatable. If the EE is your thing then I imagine you could cheese him with stat drain, e.g., from a Sorcerer using Mind Flayer form.
    Grond0
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Taking a quick poll with my playthrough comrades here.

I'm at the point where I always decide whether to dual Imoen from Thief to Mage. Usually I do it as soon as she hits level 7.

I have always thought if I just keep her as a thief, that she'll be fantastic down the road. Instead, I usually end up waiting on her to graduate to the Mage level 8 so I can use her thieving skills again, which means she's a weak Mage - usually in Durlag's Tower, although she gains levels pretty fast when the rest of the party is playing at level 5-6-7.

What do y'all think? Thanks for any input. CT

I think the best level to dual Imoen is at level 6. This means that she will still be able to reach level 9 as a mage before reaching the BG1 experience cap. Level 9 is normally the highest level a single-classed mage can reach in Baldur's Gate 1; Imoen can reach that same level and be a level 6 thief at the same time.

The canon party is amazing.
    Blackraven
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    I like to dual Imoen when she has 60% locks and 80% traps - that way she can get 100% with potion of thievery and perception when 100% is needed (like Candlekeep crypts).
    Wise_GrimwaldBlackraven
    edited February 2019
    @Wise_Grimwald, those Bombardier Beetles come from the deepest planes of hell. So, nice recovery! If you want a tip, your best shot at them is Entangle/Web/Grease, followed by bombardment from afar. Don't let them get close, is the key!

Another tip. Before you move down to DE level 3, make sure you rest, and even prebuffing a little won't hurt. There's an unavoidable encounter as soon as you enter, and it's surprisingly difficult! I found before I knew what was happening I was completely surrounded, so my suggestion is try to keep the enemies as far away for as long as possible. Have fun. :wink:
    Wise_GrimwaldBlackravenCrevsDaak
  • Grond0 wrote: »
    You slept 16 hours to recover from an interruption by your wife - must have been some interruption ... :p

:):D>:)
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldAerakarCrevsDaak
    edited February 2019
    Sometimes the interruptions from my wife last over an hour. :wink:>:) So I need quite a long sleep. :D Unlike the deaths of my characters she usually has several little deaths in an hour. :D
    Grond0AerakarCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Kids can be worse :p
    Wise_GrimwaldCharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
    Now my kids are in their thirties it will be my grandkids that will be a problem in the future. :)
    AerakarCrevsDaak