Skip to content

Why did you stop making the updated models available?

SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
edited February 2019 in General Discussions NWN:EE
It was nice seeing some forward momentum on new assets. Were budgets cut or priorities changed? Is there an ETA or roadmap for at least some of the revamped assets? If not, why not? Surely by now you guys have a rough idea about how long such things take.

Is the competition going to get some kind of advantage knowing improved leather armor might be coming fall 2019 or spring 2020?

Comments

• TalimeTalime Member Posts: 71
    Beamdog has just recently released a new preview of the shaders and renderers they are currently working on.

My guess is simply:
    Since they actively work on a new renderer and graphics overall, it doesn't make much sense to create new artworks for the old one.

So i would assume we will see new assets and revamps after the new renderer has been released, which makes actually more sense to me.

And on the bright side:
    That does mean that the new renderer is capable of producing even more stunning visuals than what we have seen before, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense to take these huge affords.

I am actually very thrilled what we will get.
    JuliusBorisovTorgrimmer
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Talime wrote: »
    Beamdog has just recently released a new preview of the shaders and renderers they are currently working on.

My guess is simply:
    Since they actively work on a new renderer and graphics overall, it doesn't make much sense to create new artworks for the old one.

So i would assume we will see new assets and revamps after the new renderer has been released, which makes actually more sense to me.

And on the bright side:
    That does mean that the new renderer is capable of producing even more stunning visuals than what we have seen before, because otherwise it wouldn't make sense to take these huge affords.

I am actually very thrilled what we will get.

Yes, this is true.
    DerpCityTorgrimmerTalime
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    Julius, do you know whether the new renderer will have more shaders than just normals and metallic?
    I mean, can we expect full PBR support with height maps, ambiant occlusion or more?
    Only height/bump maps would already be awesome.
    Torgrimmer
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Japualtah wrote: »
    Julius, do you know whether the new renderer will have more shaders than just normals and metallic?
    I mean, can we expect full PBR support with height maps, ambiant occlusion or more?
    Only height/bump maps would already be awesome.

This is a good question for the next iteration of "Ask Beamdog".
    TorgrimmerTalime
  • JapualtahJapualtah Member Posts: 165
    There is little chance of having the flood of questions in the Ask Beamdog thread ever getting an answer, the thread is all over the place already, but hey! if you don't know, you don't, no big deal ;-)
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Japualtah wrote: »
    There is little chance of having the flood of questions in the Ask Beamdog thread ever getting an answer, the thread is all over the place already, but hey! if you don't know, you don't, no big deal ;-)

@Japualtah julius is a dev if he/she is saying its a good question the chances are its gonna get in, he's the one that picks them i believe. lol. give it a shoot, never trying is a guaranteed failure.
  • fetito666fetito666 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 204
    edited March 2019
    So when will we have news on the Steam achievments?

Long live Beamdog!