Skip to content

BG, PST, NWN and D&D characters (1page - arts archive)

12346»

Comments

• s0ulafeins0ulafein Member Posts: 115
    edited December 2018
    Baldur's Gate 2 - Haer'Dalis. Used Melodic Chain armor, Entropy and Chaos Blade weapons.
    Post edited by s0ulafein on
    ThacoBellGusinda
    Baldur's Gate 2 - Viconia DeVir. Used Gorgon Plate or any dragonscale armor and Skullcrusher mace.
    VallmyrThacoBellGusinda
    Baldur's Gate - Edwin Odesseiron
    ThacoBellGusinda
    Baldur's Gate 2 - Jan Jansen
    GusindaThacoBellWarChiefZeke
    edited February 2019
    Baldur's Gate  - Neera

GusindaThacoBell
    Baldur's Gate 2 - Yoshimo
    GusindaThacoBell
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    Hi s0ulafein, a bit of feedback if I may. I like the quality of the shading very much and the style of the lines, it looks great as a finished sketch, however I keep getting distracted by some proportions when I look at the anatomy. For example Yoshimo's tiny hands. In digital is easy to go with a lot of redrawing but if you use paper, maybe what can help is a very rough sketch (with lots of deletion / redrawing) on one sheet to get the proportions right, then draw the detailed figure on a new sheet to do the great detail that you've already mastered.

Can't speak for anybody else, but I know that I personally would enjoy your art a lot more if the anatomy was a bit more convincing. To me, it looks like your finishing up skills are somewhat wasted on figures with shaky anatomy structure.
    s0ulafein
    cdx wrote: »
    Hi s0ulafein, a bit of feedback if I may. I like the quality of the shading very much and the style of the lines, it looks great as a finished sketch, however I keep getting distracted by some proportions when I look at the anatomy. For example Yoshimo's tiny hands. In digital is easy to go with a lot of redrawing but if you use paper, maybe what can help is a very rough sketch (with lots of deletion / redrawing) on one sheet to get the proportions right, then draw the detailed figure on a new sheet to do the great detail that you've already mastered.

Can't speak for anybody else, but I know that I personally would enjoy your art a lot more if the anatomy was a bit more convincing. To me, it looks like your finishing up skills are somewhat wasted on figures with shaky anatomy structure.
    Thanks for your feedback. Completely agree about anatomy and I'll try to follow your advice. But I want to make one remark: I noticed that sometimes drawing that looks nice on paper turned out ugly in digital.
    Baldur's Gate 2 - Korgan Bloodaxe
    ThacoBellGusindaWarChiefZeke
    Neverwinter Nights - Valen Shadowbreath
    Gusindacdx
    Baldru's Gate 2 - Cernd
    ThacoBellGusindacdx
    Planescape:Torment - Dak'kon
    GusindaWarChiefZeke
    Neverwinter Nights - Aribeth de Tylmarande
    cdxFlashburnGusinda
    edited October 2020
    Aerie
    de6cf2j-50d20ca6-05f6-4660-9f06-7aad7bdfe408.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNmM3ZjZiOWMtMjliNC00NjBlLTljN2UtZjRkNzRkZWQ5Y2I5XC9kZTZjZjJqLTUwZDIwY2E2LTA1ZjYtNDY2MC05ZjA2LTdhYWQ3YmRmZTQwOC5qcGcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.iJcXRuak4X6HYX2eSvLiy44gAjRzrit4p1NEKFNhKXM
    WarChiefZeke
    It is time to cast resurrection on this theme o:)
    Keldorn Firecam
    dfbltd4-a0fef34f-2c26-40fe-b887-5a52b90742d5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzZjN2Y2YjljLTI5YjQtNDYwZS05YzdlLWY0ZDc0ZGVkOWNiOVwvZGZibHRkNC1hMGZlZjM0Zi0yYzI2LTQwZmUtYjg4Ny01YTUyYjkwNzQyZDUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.nqKl9oxt_hSL2Fq8zkPwZ2egLQJABjF_zbtDBjqFe3k
    Mazzy Fentan
    dfis3ro-fef1d6ff-6c35-4335-8c46-1d4000b9aef1.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzZjN2Y2YjljLTI5YjQtNDYwZS05YzdlLWY0ZDc0ZGVkOWNiOVwvZGZpczNyby1mZWYxZDZmZi02YzM1LTQzMzUtOGM0Ni0xZDQwMDBiOWFlZjEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.LkHN3Ce7Nw-GlUBEfFhnscYIHi2zWwoNZ78sJJckqIY
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    Oh jeez it's been a loonngg time since I've been on these forums lol. I'm following this thread so it emailed me when you posted