Skip to content

what is the best monitor and resolution for BG 1&2 EE

Hi guys,

I currently play with a ASUS 24 inch 1920*1080 monitor and I am happy with the quality but I have also tested with a 17 inch 1920*1080 and the quality looks better. (less pixel when zooming, especially on characters).

So I guess we need a high resolution.

I was wondering if the quality would be better with a 4k monitor. ( 24 or 27 inch)

any idea or suggestion ?

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    edited February 2019
    The 17" looked better because it has a higher pixel density. Generally speaking, it should look better than a 24" at the same resolution regardless of the content being displayed, though of course some content will better lend itself at showcasing the difference.

Keep in mind that the higher the resolution, the smaller the 2D assets from the game will be (and the more you'll need to zoom in as a result, degrading the picture.)

These games were made in 640x480 (BG) and 800x600 (BGII) native resolutions. A CRT monitor at those resolutions would give you the most faithful rendition of them—though in the case of the Enhanced Editions, I would probably play both at 1024x768.
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    You can pry my Sony 24" GDM-FW900 CRT with it's 2304x1440 resolution from my cold, dead hands.
  • DrAzTiKDrAzTiK Member Posts: 56
    Hummm ok what would be the best lcd choice for play BG EE ?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724