Skip to content

Corthala Romantique - Valygar Romance Mod

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i remember years ago a similar bug happening with the tashia mod installed. minsc would do his banter with her in the first dungeon even tho she was not there.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    BCaesar wrote: »
    @jastey

I don't know if this bug was from this mod, but it seemed like the most likely candidate.

Anyways I have a male human Undead Hunter and I just started a game and I had Jaheira, Minsc, and Imoen in my party and walked into the Library on the first level of Irenicus's dungeon and I got a dialogue that looked like the dialogue with Valygar just before you fight Irenicus for the final time in SoA.

Turns out this was Corthala Romantique alright, and a very good catch. I was just blind to see the problem with my scripting (used the wrong syntax as stated here).
    This will be fixed in the next version, of course!
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    jastey wrote: »
    The mod updates to v2, with bugfixes and compatibility with IEP Valygar Friendship mod!

Compatibility with IEP Valygar Friendship is as follows: if the PC qualifies for the CR romance, IEP friendship talks will not trigger. If there is no romance and both mods are installed, then the friendship talks of CR will not trigger in favor of the IEP Valygar Friendship talks.

Also, the mod has now a home at the Gibberlings Three GitHub site!

Changes:
    • compatibility with IEP Valygar Friendship if both mods are installed: CR Romance kills IEP Friendship, but IEP Friendship kills CR friendship talks in case of no romance.
    • fixed bug where Valygar's "Tree of life" dialogue would fire randomly elsewhere
    • (ToB) Forest talk about not being on Amketharan's dusty streets any more will only fire after party was in Amkethran
    • Valygar will no longer mention the name "Veldrin" before Adalon says it
    • typo corrections
    • renamed setup-corthalaromantique.tp2 -> corthalaromantique.tp2
    • added corthalaromantique.ini with mod info
    • update to WeiDU v246

And here I had just looked up and found that it was that Tree of Life dialogue I was talking about earlier, since it was doing weird things to my restcheck tool. You beat me to it.
  • BCaesarBCaesar Member Posts: 453
    jastey wrote: »
    The mod updates to v2, with bugfixes and compatibility with IEP Valygar Friendship mod!

Compatibility with IEP Valygar Friendship is as follows: if the PC qualifies for the CR romance, IEP friendship talks will not trigger. If there is no romance and both mods are installed, then the friendship talks of CR will not trigger in favor of the IEP Valygar Friendship talks.

Also, the mod has now a home at the Gibberlings Three GitHub site!

Changes:
    • compatibility with IEP Valygar Friendship if both mods are installed: CR Romance kills IEP Friendship, but IEP Friendship kills CR friendship talks in case of no romance.
    • fixed bug where Valygar's "Tree of life" dialogue would fire randomly elsewhere
    • (ToB) Forest talk about not being on Amketharan's dusty streets any more will only fire after party was in Amkethran
    • Valygar will no longer mention the name "Veldrin" before Adalon says it
    • typo corrections
    • renamed setup-corthalaromantique.tp2 -> corthalaromantique.tp2
    • added corthalaromantique.ini with mod info
    • update to WeiDU v246

Heh, that Tree of Life thing interrupted my restcheck, and then because I was a lazy bastard and had coded it without any redundancy it then broke. Luckily I remembered that problem (which is why I coded all the other rest scenes in my mod with redundancy, don't know why I missed this) and after some bumbling around I managed to fix it.

Of course this computer didn't even have my Notepad++ weidu highlighting installed since I haven't modded since Ratatoskr took over the modding of my mod (like a year) so it took me a while to dust everything off.

But thanks, my coding is now better off for it.
    @BCaesar What exactly do you mean with redundancy with regard to rest scenes?
  • LZennerLZenner Member Posts: 19
    I get this an error soon after Valygar joins my group. As we're heading out the door, I inform him of Merella's death. Then he states, "I can't believe Merella's life would end like this."...and so on. The only option I'm given the error message "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS". I also have the Keldorn romance installed, which is so much fun! I installed the Keldorn mod first, then the Valygar mod, if that makes any difference. Any hints as to what I might be able to do on my end?
    I am very surprised that this line gives a NVROL, because the same variable that triggers the dialogue should also enable the appropriate reply options.
    Which version are you playing? Did you download it from the official site at G3? Did you install with the help of an automated installer and if yes, which one?
    Version of game is 2.5.16.6. Mod I got from https://www.gibberlings3.net/files/file/1001-corthala-romantique/ a few days ago, so should be the current version. I used the normal installer: setup-keldorn_rom.exe
    Ooops = that was Keldorn's. V's was Setup-CorthalaRomantique.exe
    I'm at a loss why the dialogue would give such an error, sorry.
    Only one thing: please tell me what the variable "H#MerellaDead" is at in your game before this dialogue:
    C:GetGlobal("H#MerellaDead","GLOBAL")
    Is is set to 2
    Gaw! - IT is.
    edited October 2019
    Before the dialogue that starts with "I can't believe Merella's life would end like this. There are dangers in the woods, yes. Lots of them. But not like this...", the variable "H#MerellaDead" is set to 2? I am sorry, but this is not possible, code wise.

Where exactly do you get the NVLOR? What exactly is the line where it happens? And, what is the line this dialoue starts with?
    I've attached the save game. Walk out the door with the gang, he'll start the dialogue, and the NVLOR will occur.
    Thanks, I'm looking foreward to facepalm. :)
    edited October 2019
    No, sorry, still don't know why the variable would be at "2" in your game at this point. There is two instances where this variable is set to two and that's after this dialogue played.
    Do you have a savegame before entering Valygar's hut and talking to him?

Ahaha, you already had the "I can't believe Merella's dead" talk right after he joined, yes? That explains a lot, actually.
    @LZenner What happened is that the extra-dialogue after Merella's death fired too soon because it misses a check for the first LT in teh current version. This way, the lines that where meant to show after Valygar actually heard about her death tried to repeat but the conditions were already invalid. That's what I call a "good catch".

For me that means the mod needs an update. For you, just click on the NVROL and set the variable to "3":
    C:SetGlobal("H#MerellaDead","GLOBAL",3)

And you can play on as normal. The only thing you'll miss out on is a short reply from Valygar after he heard from Merella's death that he doesn't wish to speak any more.
    Thank you! I'll know what to watch for next time. :)
    I've run into trouble again. This time, Anomen keeps spacing out and stops walking or doing whatever I've told him to do after I turn down his advances. Is this his way of getting back at her? LOL Anyway, I'll have to ditch him in the middle of Bodhi's labyrinth if he doesn't start behaving. Any hints?
    I bypassed the situation by setting AnomenRomanceActive to 3 in a game saved just before resting so he never got the chance to ask.
    Corthala Romantique updates to v3 with a bugfix!
    Changes:
    -prevented the "Merella is dead" dialogue to fire sooner than first LT (no NVLOR in first LT if Merella was already dead upon joining)
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    Hi @jastey ! I'm really looking forward to trying this out. I remember back in the day when I first discovered NPC mods (Kelsey, Tashia, etc.) I was so disappointed no one had tackled a mod for a Valygar romance (or Haer'Dalis). Finally, 15 years or so later, here I am!

Quick question - I see from the mod description that there's no problem with a mage PC romancing Valygar. Considering his beliefs and his background, is that addressed in the mod? I'm trying to decide if it might make for a fun contentious romance, but if it's not really mentioned, I might go for something else.

(Also, I appreciate the fact that you maintain and update like hundreds of mods, and this one wasn't written by you, so no worries if you have no idea. Thanks for all the hard work you do :sweat_smile: )
    @energisedcamel thanks for the kind words!
    There is one extra talk in case the PC is a mage. After that, it's not addressed extensively any more, at least I do not see a check for the PC's class in the dialogues.
    Valygar has the overall problem that he decided long ago never to have a mate (wife) because of some family issues, so he addresses the mere fact that he is falling for the PC at length. But not with regard to her being a mage as far as I can see.
    I do not recall the details but I thought that it also makes sense for a mage PC back when I revised the mod. Kind of like because it was a nogo to fall for a woman anyway, so it doesn't matter if the fall is a bit deeper, metaphorically speaking.

But: this also means that he won't break up in case the PC is a mage / sorcerer.
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    Good to know! Cheers :smile: When I get round to playing, I'll be sure to leave my thoughts
  • RatatoskrRatatoskr Member Posts: 711
    @jastey Just tried to install this mod and couldn't. Looks like there may be something in Unfinished Business - Suna Seni crossmod that it doesn't like. I've attached the debug file in case that helps.
    Yes, there were changes to UB - or at least I think this worked when I first made it. I'll update the mod when I'll find the time.
  • d2freakd2freak Member Posts: 31
    @jastey I think I have the same issue. Are you still planning on updating this? Is there anything I myself can change in the files to make it install?
    @d2freak I do intend to update the mod, just didn't come to it yet. There is a description of a hotfix here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29306-corthala-romantique-valygar-romance/?tab=comments#comment-293236
    Aand the mod updates to v4, which should fix the install issue with regard to UB crossmod.

Changelog:
    -adapted crossmod to changed folder structure of UB.
    -ToB Wraith encounter should play until the end.
    -Removed Restcheck syntax as it was outdated.
    -added globally unique LABELs and instal order syntax to support Project Infinity.
    -added libiconv-1.9.2-1-src.7z for licenxe info.