Skip to content

What mod disables/enables enemies from following you into another room?

kev666kev666 Member Posts: 28
I installed a bunch of awesome mods at once but one of these bad boys is preventing enemies from folllowing me when I change rooms ala pre-TOB days. I'd like to re-enable this function cuz this is just too damn cheesy. Any ideas?!

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    "NPCs Cannot Pass Doors" from Tweaks Anthology.
    JuliusBorisovkev666
  • kev666kev666 Member Posts: 28
    Thank you so much!
    How do I use the setup.exe to uninstall a component?
    Actually, I am looking at the setup-cdtweaks.exe and some of the components are giving me the option to re-install or un-install but when I get to the "Install Component [NPCs Cannot Use Doors]?" it does not give me an re-installation or un-installation option.

Maybe it's a bug from a different mod? Maybe i could try installing it and then un-installing it to see if that resets things?

I would freaking love to figure this out. I'm new to this whole modding thing so I am proceeding cautiously before changing things up midway thru a savegame. Thank you!! I am having a good time with most of these mods but moving forward will be much more cautious using EE Mod Setup with its cornucopia of options lol
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @kev666, would you be able to upload your WeiDU.log. It might give some insight as to which mod it might be?

Thanks
    Gus
    kev666
    Here you are. Fair warning I went quite overboard with EE Mod Setup lol

The help is greatly appreciated as it is only helping me better understand how to mod my fave game of the last decade and a half. :)

Thank you Gus!
    Additionally - I did not realize this log existed, this will be very useful for me to peruse -- are there any nonWeiDU mods on EE Mod that might be installed but not reflected in this log file?
    @kev666, I shall have a wander through your weidu.log. Couldn't see anything from a quick glance.

Non WeiDU mods are ususally just copied directly into the override folder (for EE anyway), so it would be a case of knowing which ones you copied. I usually keep a text document of the ones that I use.

Gus
    kev666
    @Gusinda I thoroughly read the log (I actually enjoyed reading it, considering that even though I spent an hour going through and selecting what mods to install from EE Mod, there are some things in that log that I do not at all remember agreeing to lol). I can't see anything in the log pertaining to NPCs and doors, when I get home I am going to test out pissing off a lot of different enemies and commoners etc and see if any of them follow me to other areas -- perhaps my experiences are a bugged exception, not the rule.

Thanks for your help and making me aware o f that doggone WeiDU log
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    Worst case, uninstall everything, delete the over-ride folder, and start from scratch!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @kev666, had a look through and couldn't see anything that would prevent following through. I agree with both comments above, reinstalling all the mods to find the culprit (using batch installs would make it easier) would be my next step. Some are striaght forward and are likely to be not the problem. However, I wouldn't do it in the middle of a run (unless you didn't want to finish it).

Gus
    kev666
    Thanks again @Gusinda, I'm gonna finish the hell out of this run. I've determined that the NPCs pick and choose whether or not they want to follow me. In this case I'll only use leaving the room as a tactical strategy if they're gonna follow, and my next BG2 run I will know a lot more about throwing dozens of mods at my game all at once lmao
    Gusinda