Skip to content

How do I create a Shaman???

Can't figure out how to make a Shaman...

I just reinstalled IWD:EE (gog.com) and it reads version 2.5.17...

I go to character create screen and try to find the Shaman class, but to no avail.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Shaman is available to humans, half-elves and half-orcs only. You may have picked the wrong race.
  • Green_KnightGreen_Knight Member Posts: 7
    No, I already tried as a human and a 1/2 elf.

I even reinstalled the entire game.

But there is no Shaman in the class list.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    My retail build from Beamdog is 2.5.16.3 - which includes shamans. If you've got a later build it's possible that a glitch has been introduced I suppose. If nobody has any better ideas you could try creating a bug report at support.baldursgate.com - so the QA team could check on that.

I will just say though that I've had a lot of experience of the continual windows updates we get these days causing problems with various aspects of the computer as a result of updates being only half-implemented until a restart is done. While a missing character class would seem an unlikely result of that, I would always recommend trying a restart of the computer before spending much time on other possible solutions when something odd goes wrong ...
    SkatanJuliusBorisov
    I just downloaded NearInfinity and took a peek at some of the 2DA files.

Not a single reference to any "Shaman" class.

More than weird.
    I think I'll try yet another install, then make sure all folders etc are deleted before I reinstall.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited February 2019
    Hi @Green_Knight, just created a Sharman on IWDEE 2.5.17.0 GoG Vanilla. Are you running any mods?

Gus
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    JuliusBorisov
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    It hasn't been an issue with any recent build. Usually it happens when the user either forgets to scroll down the class list, inadvertently selects a race that can't choose shaman, mistakenly looks for shaman as a druid kit rather than its own class, or installs mods without fully knowing what they'll do. If it is an actual bug that no one else is experiencing, then the OP will certainly want to bug-report it.
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @Green_Knight, just created a Sharman on IWDEE 2.5.17.0 GoG Vanilla. Are you running any mods?

Gus

I finally figured it out:

When I uninstalled IWD, it didn't clear out the Override dir.

So when I did a fresh install, it kept all the 2DA files from various mods I had installed years ago (and forgotten about).

No wonder the Shaman didn't appear - he got killed by the Override folder :)
    Grond0JuliusBorisovGusinda
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @Green_Knight
    That's weird, with BG2ee etc, re-installation usually delete the override folder.
    Wonder why when you re-install IWDee, the override folder didn't get deleted.