Skip to content

Editing character stats in BG1EE on an Android phone

enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
edited February 2019 in BG:EE Mods
Hiya,

Is there a quick and easy way to edit character stats in a save file in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on your Android phone? I have an on-going playthrough on my Android phone, but I unfortunately gimped my character so badly that it's nigh impossible to get through certain situations without instantly dying. I was thinking that retro-actively rerolling character stats would be the least cheesy way of getting around it. I remember there was some EEkeeper program for the original BG on PC, but what is the situation for the EE versions, and especially other devices, like Android in this case? Or are there perhaps some simple console commands that can do this? Cheers.
Post edited by enhancedgamerx on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited February 2019
    Hi @Ghamarro, have you had a look here at all?

Gus

Edit: If you are only looking at stats (and I am guessing that you want to increase), you could look at consolling in the Tomes that are available in-game.

If none of that works, you could upload your saved game and I could adjust the stats to what you want.
  • enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2021
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @enhnacedgamerx, have you had a look here at all?

Gus

Edit: If you are only looking at stats (and I am guessing that you want to increase), you could look at consolling in the Tomes that are available in-game.

If none of that works, you could upload your saved game and I could adjust the stats to what you want.

Yes, I'm looking only to increase the player character's stats to something feasible. That tome consolling trick sounds like it's probably the easiest one to try. Thanks for the great advice!

• enhancedgamerxenhancedgamerx Member Posts: 90
    edited August 2021
    Gusinda wrote: »
    Hi @enhancedgamerx , have you had a look here at all?

Gus

Do you know by any chance if the save files are interchangable between different systems so that I could transfer the save file from the Android phone onto my Windows PC and load it up in the game no hassle?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    edited February 2019
    @Ghamarro, Yes. Transfering saved games across systems works a charm. PC and Android I know as I use to do it all the time, not sure about Apple though; I expect they would.

Gus

Edit: Better add to this that they need to be the same version of game.
  • Fighrer1234Fighrer1234 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2021
    Can anyone help me edit my characters stats to 19 18 18 18 18 18 the andrpid save editor of bg1 ee for android worked fine until i updated my phone to android 11. Now i cannot use the save editor
  • ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Can anyone help me edit my characters stats to 19 18 18 18 18 18 the andrpid save editor of bg1 ee for android worked fine until i updated my phone to android 11. Now i cannot use the save editor

Android 11 doesn't allow you to access files. Some people had luck with X-Plore File Manager. There's a thread about modding on Android here where you might find information that helps you, and/or people like @Gusinda who is the BG on Android guru.