Skip to content

Last Chance to Visit a Classic NWN:EE Server - Server Closing Announcement

Friends,

It has been running almost 24x7 since 2007, it is one of the most smoothly scripted servers ever made, it is huge with 1337+ areas to explore, and it is closing in less than 30 days [donations failed to keep up with our modest monthly hosting costs, and so we are closing our server].

Direct Connect to our NWN:EE server at 96.31.77.125:5125, or read all about it on our wiki

http://argentumregio.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page?&cb=8705

or our forum

http://aldohral.forumotion.com/forum

Argentum Regio is a very D&D style server in a custom setting, and it will close on March 18th 2019. If you have never visited it is worth a look, the systems here dovetail and help bring to life all your favorite classes and races. If you have not visited in a while, come have one last run, save your PCs and say farewell to your old friends.

I am the founder of the server, and, along with Eriniel [our totally awesome Lead Scripter] have been enjoying the building of the server. I greatly enjoyed the scripting, design, writing and DMing that I've done here in the last 12 years (15 really as it was 'in dev' for a while before the debut in 2007). You are all welcome to come see what more than a decade's "labor of love" has created. If you are a first time visitor, be sure to run the tutorial area.

Be well. Game ON!

GM_ODA

Comments

• Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    If its a funding issue as to why you are shutting it down you could always go with a free web host like Stillevande Hostings. If not my mistake for assuming so, but i just had a quick look at the forum.
  • zunathzunath Member Posts: 92
    Stillevande offers free hosting. You should try to get in touch with him before you shut down your doors.

If that doesn't work, Hetzner is a low-cost solution. Our game server and DB server come out to about $12 a month. You could probably get by with a single box which would only cost $6 roughly. They're more than capable of handling 20-30 players (gets a little shaky after that).
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Friends,

While I have some 'spare boxes' laying around, they all need repaired, and I have no money for parts. My bandwidth here at home is pretty much committed, I can't afford a super fast connection, and I do run my television and my 'kitty TV' off the internet, so I have not the bandwidth to spare. More I like that with the leased system, when anything goes wrong, it is fixed fast at no cost to me.

Every couple years I go back to the host and negotiate a better rate or more (useful) hardware, such as RAM. I'm really happy with my hosting arrangement. I'm not a terribly 'trusting soul' so I'd rather stick to professional hosting and will simply close the machine if the resources are not there to keep the lights on.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    That's a very sad story. I hate seeing servers closing, especially when they are as old as yours.
    I really hope you'll find another solution...
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    Friends,

Good news! We found a solution (for now) - a few donations and a new hosting deal with a fellow server operator and we've got a stable module for at least several months (long enough to try and build up the playerbase more). It is always a numbers game, you gotta get enough active players to maintain the level of play and the level of donations... when RL draws a few players away and you're close to 'that line' it gets rough.

THANKS to our players, and their kind donations, we're up for now and available for everyone to enjoy.

I hope to see you all on the server sometime soon, you should see what makes this place special (ask for a tour of the tutorial and let's talk games!).

Be well. Game ON!

GM_ODA