Skip to content

What is the one thing that truly makes you consider buying BG:EE?

Comments

• MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    The fact that i will be able to play BG1 again with BG2 classes plus Blackguard, new NPCs and quests, and also the fact that i might be spared from having to use the only mod i ever used for aesthetic purposes(Infinity Animations, since the first game's character avatars will probably work, one way or another, they don't crash the game while dual wielding any more thanks to the devs! :) ).
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited October 2012
    One major reason is the general enhancement Including bug fixes, High resolution, new journal-world map-UI. Also after installing again BG2 I really grow fond of the Zoom feature..

Second this is the additional content including new Professionally made NPCS and new adventures, there aren't many of those for BG1..
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    iPad support really. The new characters and adventures are pretty nifty too (looking forward to Dorn especially), which is making me hold out until November. But the thought of playing it on my iPad was what initially got me interested. I just hope they make it somewhat mod-friendly and release some decent DLC down the road.
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    edited October 2012
    None of these. The only things that really got my buy in are the bug fixes that could not be done via patching and mods and the updates so the game will run on current hardware and OSes. All I really wanted.

I must admit that the main reason I'm thinking of getting this version is for the multiplayer support. I remember wanting to play this ages ago with a friend, and we had the hardest time adjusting our computer settings to play a short session. I think playing this game with friends and strangers will be the real reward of this version, and how multiplayer is implemented will determine whether I buy it, since most other changes seem possible via mods.

I honestly see no other reason why I would seriously consider buying this, but it also makes me seriously doubt whether or not I should buy the version, since a lot of things would simply be ridiculous in multiplayer, such as meeting other players with 25 in all stats, or starting with characters with 18 in four or more stats. I think a point buy system like in Planescape Torment would fix a lot of issues I would have in this regard.

• HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    Bug fixes, BG2 engine, enhanced journal, enhanced map and enhanced interface all without the hassle of doing it all through mods.
  • KosonKoson Member Posts: 284
    The new NPCs are probably the main attraction for me as I'm a sucker for party-interaction but the gameplay enhancements are just as important.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    When I heard about the project, I remember being excited about the possibility of the game's engine being updated.

So when I found out that that was the bulk of what was being done, I was very pleased. Everything else is just delicious, meaty gravy.
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 134
    NPC-s, cinematics, extra content, improved gameplay... all 4 things. There is not just a single reason. All the above
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I don't care about the Black Pits, but I would like to see new adventures.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I can't answer the poll because there's no "other". Every pollmaker needs to make an "other" category, because no matter how much you think you've covered the full spectrum of opinions, you're going to miss something.

First of all, there's no "one" reason I support BG:EE.

Probably the first is just to support it, as its own end. I am castng my dollar "votes" to say that I want more games produced like Baldur's Gate.

The other reasons would include, in no particular order, 1) having an equivalent of BGTutu with no bugs as a clean download, 2) enjoying potential new content, 3) hoping for future DLC, 4) hoping there will be some aesthetic enhancements on the game screen, 5) hoping there will be an eventual single-download version of the entire trilogy; I will pay another $20 for it if this comes out, and, 6) hoping that my beloved modded npc's like Gavin, Faren, Nathaniel, Finch, Kelsey, and the NPC Project will eventually be made to work. It just wouldn't be BG without them.
  • RajickRajick Member Posts: 207
    I bought it cuz it the most amazing game I've ever played and now it has bg2's engin which I liked better and it has the kits. they added the blackguard and new characters plus a new adventure I'm vary happy and can't wait to play
  • ElessarElessar Member Posts: 44
    well, there's also that I don't actually own BG1 and have only played BG2 recently
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    OMG, I just re-read my last post, and realized that there's a BG2-ToB party there that I absolutely *must* play! Me a cleric-mage-any-spell-we-need, Anomen as my main tank, Gavin as my main healer, Faren as my thief and backup tank, Kelsey as my dps sorcerer, and Nathaniel as glass-cannon and otherwise pretty much useless-dps-just-because-I-like-him-and-think-he's-cute.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Could only pick one :(
    I wanted to pick gameplay enchancements and multi support. I picked multi in the end, cause tutu already has some enhancements, but not the multi support, and it will be just legndary to play the whole saga together with my friends as a team...
    Also, "gamplay ench" is getting a lot more votes clearly because it includes so many things (widescreen&zoom, graphics, new UI, bug fixes, hardware support, bg2 engine...)

The new NPCs are very cool but for most of the time I will still stick to the old teams: Minsc+Dynaheir, Jaheria+Khalid with a good protagonist. For the evil team Dorn will be a welcome addition to Viconia and Edwin... So I would still buy the game without them and if they would be the only improvement, I don't think I would.
    Same goes for the new adventure.
    Cinematics are welcome, but yeah, definetly not a deal breaker... :D
  • NightfallRobNightfallRob Member Posts: 43
    You need to add a category to your poll: I don't have my original any more.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Because BG2 is easily my favorite game of all time and I'm hoping to this new version will be a fun way to continue the saga, but I will probably only buy it if it is possible to either import or re-create my level 150+ BG2 characters since I really don't want to be a pathetic level 1 again.
  • AyurukAyuruk Member Posts: 20
    Simply cause its bg
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited October 2012
    to be honest i dont remember that much of BG1 anymore so it was a win win situation for me as i heard more and more about their intentions to improve upon it. In the end i have a whole new/old experience +1 :D
    Well and to support them as a dev studio for making BG3 one day...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LawisendroLawisendro Member Posts: 7
    That it's Baldur's Gate, nuff said.
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    Let's be honest though, I want it for all reasons.
  • Covert_MadnessCovert_Madness Member Posts: 3
    Just because it is Baldur's Gate. Enough said.
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    I voted "gameplay enhancements" because it was the most accurate, but what really had me buy the game are the bug fixes, tweaks and enhancements that are drawn together all in one single package by a huge community of modders that are collaborating with the team. I find it great that known modders are working with Overhaul to make the basic game the most fine-tuned as possible, and the most mod-friendly as possible.
  • FelixFelix Member Posts: 39
    Best RPG video game series of all time; Enhanced!! Do you need any other reason?
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    Headache free version for my Mac. Installing old game via crossover is a nightmare sometimes, especially when mods come in. That alone not including any extras or fixes is worth the price for me.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    I had a hard time picking, but ultimately it is the interesting new NPC's which make me want this game. Although I would like to note, the enhanced gameplay is also a major factor.
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    mch202 said:

Second this is the additional content including new Professionally made NPCS and new adventures, there aren't many of those for BG1..

Pretty much nails it for me at least. You need to remember these guys want to do BG3, or at least another game in the same vein as BG. I wanna see how good the writing is and new area design. Then I can decide if I feel they are capable of carrying on Baldurs Gates lagacy in one form or another :).

I also feel that these guys are the only chance for an old school D&D RPG. I know there are awesome games on kickstarter like Project Eternity, wasteland, grim dawn.

But kickstarter isnt likely an option for a D&D based game due to the liscensing and the different companies involved. So yeah, Trent & co at beamdog seem to be the only people likely able to make a old school iso D&D RPG at this moment.

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    High resolution support + zooming.

I'm chiefly concerned about the sprites. I'd rather they look pixellated than heavily blurred....