Skip to content

IDW:EE crashing when opening stores in Heart of Winter

AxwindAxwind Member Posts: 28
Just started HoW today, and when I talk to Quinn and Kieran to do some shopping, the game crashes every time. No error message comes up, either. This happens in both the Steam and GOG versions. Has anyone else encountered this? I'm on Windows 8.1 if that makes a difference.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Do you have DirectX 9.0c installed? If not, please install (find the link here - https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206729933-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch) and change the renderer in game settings (Options-Graphics-Renderer) to DirectX.
  • AxwindAxwind Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2019
    It didn't help, and the DirectX installer wouldn't even let me install it, said it could only be installed on earlier versions of Windows so I'm pretty sure it's already installed. This crash only happens with stores in HoW. Stores in IWD have always worked just fine.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Do you have anything in Override folders both in the game folder and in Documents/Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Axwind, you could try and see if there are any problems in your Documents folder component. If you rename '\Documents\Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition' to 'Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition.old' or something similar and start the game, it will rebuild the saved game folder from new. Start a new game and head to a store to check.

If that works, copy the old saved game to your new folder and see if it works with. It might just be a corrupt saved game or baldur.lua problem.

Gus
  • AxwindAxwind Member Posts: 28
    I got them to work by installing a second copy of IWD:EE to a seperate folder that's kept vanilla, as I use a few mods normally. I can enter the store in the vanilla version, and then when I go back to my modded version it works. IDK why though.