Skip to content

How hight will by experience point cap in BG:EE ?

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
The experience point cap of the original game was 89,000, then 161,000 in TSC.
How hight will be in BG:EE ?

Comments

• EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @Tanthalas
    Do you know ahything about this Tanthalas ?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If he does, he's probably not allowed to say anything. Suffice to say that the XP cap will be higher than it was in TotSC.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    I do´t know what is secret and what not.
    Your answer is sufficient.
  • ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    Probably not higher than lvl 12 methinks
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    All beta testers are under non-disclosure agreements. They can't confirm nor deny anything they know about the game, unless the developers allow them to do so.
  • Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    I think it would be nice if we could set our own. Just have a little text box where you could type in how many K XP you could earn, like 89, 161, or whatever.

• LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    Lord_Gay said:

I think it would be nice if we could set our own. Just have a little text box where you could type in how many K XP you could earn, like 89, 161, or whatever.

That's dangerous, I mean. Shoot it too low and you will never beat the game, and if you bump it too high than you might as well simply have no XP cap at all, which is no fun.

I think the cap should be at 10-12, i think the original cap was something like 8-10, depending on the class.
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    edited October 2012

Lord_Gay said:

That's dangerous, I mean. Shoot it too low and you will never beat the game, and if you bump it too high than you might as well simply have no XP cap at all, which is no fun.

I think the cap should be at 10-12, i think the original cap was something like 8-10, depending on the class.
    10-12? You mean 100k-120k? Original BG1 XP cap was 89000, TotSC raised it to 161000. I'm guessing the new cap will be around 250k, so every class will be able to get at least one more lvl compared to TotSC. In order to let all classes get 2 more levels they would need to set the xp limit to 450k (clerics and monks) which is pretty steep I think.

And I don't think an adjustable xp cap would be "dangerous". It's like a second option tp set the difficulty of the game. Setting the diff from easy to hardcore for example is a way bigger change than 1 xp lvl.
  • ARKdeEREHARKdeEREH Member Posts: 531
    Personally, I think it would be fun if they would just remove the level cap entirely, or at least give the option for people to turn it on or off in the game menu. I've always found it very annoying and could never get the level cap remover to work on my computer. The result is that whenever I reach the level-cap I use Shadowkeeper to re-cycle my characters so that their XP is reset to zero and their level to 1, but all their proficiencies, spells, saving throws, etc. remain as they were. This allows me to continue to advance, but adds an extremely annoying side effect in that the game will automatically delete all spells down to what a level 1 character would normally be able to use, so that I must then spend an hour or more adding them back in whenever I get a level up. The result being that I just limit my leveling up to once per game, since anything else is too much of a pain. I think it would be really nice if the game designers would fix this so that I wouldn't need to do this anymore.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited October 2012
    Well not a thing to worry, after the release probally a mod to unlock higher levels will not be so difficult to be done, after all it's BG2 engine in use, and we pretty much know already how the high level characters should behave. It's not a new game but the enhancement of an old one.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited October 2012
    @ARKdeEREH
    It is ridiculously easy to remove the XP cap, I did it in precisely 30 seconds with no prior knowledge of ANY modding tools or programs. I simply used notepad to edit the XPCAP.2da in the Override folder and replaced all the max values for each of the classes to -1.

I suspect the value at the top of the page will need to be changed as well, probably again to -1. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it though.