Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited March 2019
    If everything goes as I'm planning, we'll have three - maybe four - components released today and maybe two more tomorrow (in the beta version).

Stay tuned for more!

Edit: I'm thinking about a way to shut down the Magic Resistance (spell) tweak. What do you guys think?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    What is the MR tweak?
    edited March 2019
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    What is the MR tweak?

The spell Magic Resistance sets the target MR instead of increasing it (2% * lv | maximum is 40%).

So when used on a critter with a high MR it actually lowers its MR. No save allowed.

It is a known trick to shut down the MR of dragons.
    Ahh, I remember that now. That makes sense to shut it down if possible. It always seemed a bit of a cheat to use the spell to that effect instead of using spells that are actually meant to lower an enemy's MR.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    The simplest solution would be to match PnP - caster only.
    Or mimic Resilient Sphere - no save vs. allies, save vs. enemies. Or, more appropriately, a Magic Resistance check vs. enemies.
    I like to stick as close to PnP as possible myself, but if not then check MR of enemies and then give them a ST on top of that.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Is MR a stat? Can it be checked via SPLPROT.2da? If so, it would be quite simple to just make targets with high MR immune to the spell.

That is my original plan as it causes less impact to the vanilla engine, but I need to double check it.
    All of the resistances are a stat. However, it would detect total MR, not base MR, so a target that would actually benefit (high cumulative MR, low base MR) from the spell could be blocked from being affected.
    I'll read the PnP description and make a decision from there. Probably will stick with @kjeron 's suggestion for "caster only" though.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2019
    Ok, of all three components planned for today I was able to release just one (Hawkeye of Solo). Tough day.

Tomorrow (Sunday) the other two (maybe three) will be released and I think that the official release of 1.9.7 may happen on Monday when I'll release other four components.

So for 1.9.7 we'll have

6 new kits (three of them are already released as Beta).

3 (maybe 4 or even 5) NPCs components - two of them for IWDEE.

Some bug fixing (for both the vanilla game and DoF).

1 spell altering (Magic Resistance).

And all the changes logged between versions 1.9.6.1 and 1.9.6.5

Stay tuned!

Edit: Be aware that the Hawkeye of Solonor is a kit for Ranger/Cleric only. This kind of situation will happen sometimes. Blame TSR.
    edited March 2019
    Here's the log for version 1.9.7 (beta version here) so far (some of those are up since 1.9.6.5):

Bug fix: Animal Summoning I wasn't working as it should. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Some skeleton warriors from IWDEE were unturnable for no apparent reason. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Fixes a bug where DoF's sphere system would completely nullify a Sorcerer's ability to learn spells through CharGen or Level Up.

Bug fix: Shar-Teel will now have her spellbook accordingly to her spheres.

Bug fix: Sphere's install process will no longer fail.

Bug fix: Scrolls should not lose their Opcode 147 from the second header (by Kjeron).

Bug fix: F/C and R/C will now receive a -2 penalty to Thac0 when using weapons with no proficiency (instead of -3).

Bug fix: Fixed a typo in StrongholdAlterings.tpa that was affecting Shiallia's stronghold's option.
    Bug fix: Enemies immune to poison damage will no longer be immune to other effects from Flail of Ages.

Bug fix: Chaotic Commands now protects against all Maze effects (not just the Maze spell).

Bug fix: Shar's Eyebite - Sicken Gaze now delivers the effect stated at the spell's description.

Bug fix: Ulutiu's Wisdom bonus no longer displays in the character sheet as a magical effect (green).

Bug fix: Sune's Charisma bonus no longer displays in the character sheet as a magical effect (green).

New feature: Reflect Image and Mirror Image will now protect the caster from effects that would require a touch to be delivered (like energy drain). Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Stoneskin and Ironskin now prevent poison and disease delivered by direct attacks. Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Integration with Project Infinity.
    New feature: Shar-Teel's SoD version now is also altered by the component Shar-Teel, the Bloodreaver of Garagos (thanks @elminster for giving me permission)
    New kit: Glyphscriber of Deneir (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Cleric/Mage).

New kit: Trailblazer of Marthammor Duin (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

New kit: Hawkeye of Solonor (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Ranger/Cleric only).

New kit: Bloodstalker of Urdlen (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Cleric/Thief).

New kit: Horn Guard of Yondalla (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

New NPC: Finch, the Glyphscriber of Deneir (see note below!)

New NPC: Turald, the Trailblazer of Marthammor (thanks @Sinaherib for giving me permission)

New NPC: Korin, the Hawkeye of Solonor (thanks @kulyok for giving me permission)

New NPC: Nephele, the Horn Guard of Yondalla (thanks @LavaDelVortel and Kaeloree for giving me permission)

Spell altering: Emotion Hope, Courage, Fear and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Emotion) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Fireshield Red and Fireshield Blue are all combined into a single spell (Fireshield) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Symbol Fear, Stun, Death, Pain and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Symbol) as PnP rules state.
    Spell altering: Magic Resistance is now renamed as Resist Magic and affects only the caster as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Resurrection now only works on dead characters.

Consistency: Despite being out of DoF's scope, the wizard spells and scrolls for Emotion, Fireshield and Symbol were altered to follow the changes above. Code by Kjeron.

Consistency: Ulutiu added to Strongholdaltering.tpa, as it was also released to BG2EE.
    Consistency: Some alterings at the .tra file to maintain a pattern between the descriptions of the kits.

Architecture: New scroll files renamed from SCRLXXX to RASCXXX to prevent issues with other mods or game files.
    Architecture: New string rearrangement to better introduce new components (especially new NPCs).

Architecture: A safer way to check for NPC mods before giving kits to them.

Architecture: The macro SPELL_TO_FEATURE now applies power = 0 to the converted spell.

Architecture: Alterings in IWDImport.tpa to allow DoF and SR to interact better.

---

What I have to do before the official release:

* 1 bug fix (known issue: wrong HP for F/C of Torm, Garagos and Tempus - nothing game-breaking).

* 1 Kit

---
    ABOUT FINCH

I couldn't get in touch with the original author (Bons - the intel I have is that he/she is missing from forums and the modding scene for about 10 years) or @Erg (who created Finch's thread here and I haven't seemed any post of him from after July 2016).

I've tried to create an account at PPG, but haven't been verified by their admin so far ( @LavaDelVortel is helping me with this) - looks like I'll have more chances to get in touch with the original author through there.

If someone can get in touch with Bons or @Erg , please, ask them to get in touch with me. If the original author (or @Erg ) asks I'll remove this component immediatly.

And let me clarify, highlight and stress that everything that happens with an NPC in DoF is on DoF's end - the author's files are not touched.

As I always do, I'll link the source of the NPC at DoF's first page (for both PPG's and Beamdog's threads).

I was able to get in touch with @Erg (through the efforts of @LavaDelVortel ) and he said that what I did is fine, but oriented me to get in touch with the main admin of Pocket Plane Group ( @jcompton ) to speak about the matter and grant a more formal permission. I'm trying to contact him at this moment, but his profile at PPG's says that his last login there happened in January, 2016.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Raduziel on
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Raduziel, would the Tome and Blood mod install before or after DoF?
    Necromanx2 wrote: »
    Raduziel, would the Tome and Blood mod install before or after DoF?

Good question.

I think that it is indifferent as they touch different things - except for the new Symbol and Emotion spells.

I would put DoF after TnB, but I would like to get @subtledoctor 's opinion on this one.
    I am curious about Yondalla. The kit description says must always carry a shield, but it can use bows? Don't bows not allow a shield or am I not understanding this?
    I am curious about Yondalla. The kit description says must always carry a shield, but it can use bows? Don't bows not allow a shield or am I not understanding this?

You can't, indeed, use bows and shield at the same time. But (short)bows are kind of a signature weapon for halfling (just behind the sling and side by side with the short sword), so I've ruled over a broader interpretation.

But the final version will no longer have longbows, only short ones.
    I was trying to understand the restrictions. How does the always need a shield work if you allow short bows?
    I was trying to understand the restrictions. How does the always need a shield work if you allow short bows?

It is more an RP feature. You use the bow for part of the combat, after that you use your shield to melee.

TSR states must always carry a shield, so I've used this dubious text to ease the restrictions a little as this kit already lost TWF.

A modder needs to think as a DM sometimes.
    Well, if it's good enough to get past the games mechanics, it should be good enough for Yondalla.
    The item in the offhand slot is always *equiped*, even if it isn't *equipped* (in use).
    HasItemEquiped("shld01",Myself)
    HasItemEquipedReal("shld01",Myself)

These return true while using a shortbow with that shield in the (disabled) offhand slot.
    It is a Yondalla's miracle! Hear thee, hear thee!
    If everything goes as I'm planning the official release of 1.9.7 will be tomorrow, around 2200 (GMT -3).
    I created a Yondalla in BGEE and I could remove my shield and dump it. What is suppose to happen if I don't have a shield in my off hand?

Note: Doesn't the Goblin you can get in SoD have code for always having a shield equipped?
    I created a Yondalla in BGEE and I could remove my shield and dump it. What is suppose to happen if I don't have a shield in my off hand?

Note: Doesn't the Goblin you can get in SoD have code for always having a shield equipped?

You can remove and drop your shield. As I said, that is more a RP thing (that impacts in the proficiencies, but still a RP thing). I didn't coded anything to enforce a shield or whatever.

BUT, if you can't (properly) dual wield and can't use two handed weapons, not wearing a shield is a sub optimal behavior.
    edited March 2019
    Version 1.9.7 is up and it contains:

Bug fix: Animal Summoning I wasn't working as it should. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Some skeleton warriors from IWDEE were unturnable for no apparent reason. DoF fixes that.

Bug fix: Fixes a bug where DoF's sphere system would completely nullify a Sorcerer's ability to learn spells through CharGen or Level Up.

Bug fix: Shar-Teel will now have her spellbook accordingly to her spheres.

Bug fix: Sphere's install process will no longer fail.

Bug fix: Scrolls should not lose their Opcode 147 from the second header (by Kjeron).

Bug fix: F/C and R/C will now receive a -2 penalty to Thac0 when using weapons with no proficiency (instead of -3).

Bug fix: Fixed a typo in StrongholdAlterings.tpa that was affecting Shiallia's stronghold's option.

Bug fix: Enemies immune to poison damage will no longer be immune to other effects from Flail of Ages.

Bug fix: Chaotic Commands now protects against all Maze effects (not just the Maze spell).

Bug fix: Shar's Eyebite - Sicken Gaze now delivers the effect stated at the spell's description.

Bug fix: Ulutiu's Wisdom bonus no longer displays in the character sheet as a magical effect (green).

Bug fix: Sune's Charisma bonus no longer displays in the character sheet as a magical effect (green).

Bug fix: F/C and R/C of deities that provides d10 as HD will no longer receive the wrong amount of HP at CharGen.

New feature: Reflect Image and Mirror Image will now protect the caster from effects that would require a touch to be delivered (like energy drain). Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Stoneskin and Ironskin now prevent poison and disease delivered by direct attacks. Code by Kjeron.

New feature: Integration with Project Infinity.

New feature: Shar-Teel's SoD version now is also altered by the component Shar-Teel, the Bloodreaver of Garagos.

New kit: Glyphscriber of Deneir (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Cleric/Mage).

New kit: Trailblazer of Marthammor Duin (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric).

New kit: Hawkeye of Solonor (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Ranger/Cleric only).

New kit: Bloodstalker of Urdlen (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Cleric/Thief).

New kit: Horn Guard of Yondalla (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric Ranger/Cleric).

New NPC: Finch, the Glyphscriber of Deneir.

New NPC: Turald, the Trailblazer of Marthammor.

New NPC: Korin, the Hawkeye of Solonor.

New NPC: Nephele, the Horn Guard of Yondalla.

Spell altering: Emotion Hope, Courage, Fear and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Emotion) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Fireshield Red and Fireshield Blue are all combined into a single spell (Fireshield) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Symbol Fear, Stun, Death, Pain and Hopelessness are all combined into a single spell (Symbol) as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Magic Resistance is now renamed as Resist Magic and affects only the caster as PnP rules state.

Spell altering: Resurrection now only works on dead characters.

Consistency: Despite being out of DoF's scope, the wizard spells and scrolls for Emotion, Fireshield and Symbol were altered to follow the changes above. Code by Kjeron.

Consistency: Ulutiu added to Strongholdaltering.tpa, as it was also released to BG2EE.

Consistency: Some alterings at the .tra file to maintain a pattern between the descriptions of the kits.

Architecture: New scroll files renamed from SCRLXXX to RASCXXX to prevent issues with other mods or game files.

Architecture: New string rearrangement to better introduce new components (especially new NPCs).

Architecture: A safer way to check for NPC mods before giving kits to them.

Architecture: The macro SPELL_TO_FEATURE now applies power = 0 to the converted spell.

Architecture: Alterings in IWDImport.tpa to allow DoF and SR to interact better.
    edited March 2019
    I'll take a break from modding now.

Unless your PC lights on fire or some living being who weights more than 0.5 Kg dies due to DoF any bug report will wait for at least one week to be solved.

Cheers.

Edit: I'm five kits away from achieving 50% of DoF's Phase I (103 kits). Must say I'm impressed with myself.
    edited March 2019
    Break-time is over. I messed up with Yondalla.

Its multiclass was supposed to be RANGER/Cleric, not Fighter/Cleric. I've mixed up things with Arvoreen.

Even the Ranger MC doesn't have TWF and can't increase TWF.

I'm working on a version 1.9.7.1 - as I'm working on that, I stopped being lazy and created the spell Heroes' Feast to give it to Yondalla instead of Restoration. Feels way more appropriate for the kit. Of course, this is within PnP boundaries - Demihuman Deities gives the option between both spells.

And, as I've made Heroes' Feast, I also gave it to Tempus - as he should receive it at level 10 and I was too green to properly code it when I made that component. Again, I'm following PnP instructions (Faiths and Avatars this time).

By using the beta download access you may find Yondalla fixed and Tempus altered.

I'm trying to figure out a way to improve the behavior of Free Action and I'll release 1.9.7.1 as soon as I solve this. Maybe one kit will also be added in this package.

Sorry.
    edited March 2019
    Raduziel, thought I would let you know that I have been playing as a Urdlen/Thief multi-class and loving it. I usually steer clear of multi-class, evil, and clerics with no heal, but I am totally hooked on this.

Great work and thank you!!
    edited March 2019
    @Necromanx2 Happy to know.

---

Here's what I'm working:

- New kit: Luckmaiden of Haela Brightaxe (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric - only for females). Done

- New kit: Truesword of Arvoreen (for IWDEE and BG(2)EE - Cleric and Fighter/Cleric). Done

- New NPC: Mazzy, the Truesword of Arvoreen. Done

- Spell altering: PnP Free Action (WIP)

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters CLSWPBON.2da. Done

- Architecture: DoF no longer alters PROFSMAX.2da. Done

- Kit altering: Clerics who receive APR as Fighters will NOT receive APR due to Specialization anymore (only +0.5 at levels 7 and 13). Done

- Kit altering: Clerics who may allocate more than one slot in a proficiency will not be able to do so at level 1 (as any other cleric). Done

- Kit altering: Horn Guard of Yondalla now multiclasses to Ranger/Cleric instead of Fighter/Cleric. Done

- Kit altering: Bloodstalker of Urdlen now receives the Claws of Urdlen. Done

- Bug fix: Conjure Water Elemental now has the correct label at Umberleer's and Valkur's .tpa files. Done

---

Everything labeled as Done can be safely downloaded and installed - but they are in beta status yet.

The two entries labeled as WIP are outside of the Github to keep you guys safe from any stupid mistake I can make.

The "PnP Free Action" is puzzling me - @kjeron already showed me the way, but I want to make sure if that path is the right one. To help me decide, join the discussion here.
    On the first page of this post, under the Salderine, I think that is Solonar (the new Rng/Clr only kit)? Missing the deity label.