Skip to content

A final save in BG1:EE won't appear. Why?

Hello!
I've just killed Sarevok. However, a final save don't appear. Why is that?

Expected behaviour: should be that a final save is made and that an ending screen pops up. I should not be able to continue after killing Sarevok as it is.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If you have BG:EE+SoD, the game continues into SoD.
    If you have only BG:EE, the game continues a bit (like, 20 seconds) after defeating Sarevok, and then the final video is shown.

Are you sure there's no final save?
  • MWOMWO Member Posts: 214
    Yes, there is no final save. I've left the game running for several minutes… it is still going. Nothing happens. The game should go over to SoD.

I've installed SCS v31.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hmm - how was Sarevok killed? https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/39116
    He died in no particular way. Hack and smash. I used some spells but he wasn't incapacitated. I used teleport field alot. :)
    What does happen when you save (manually) and load that save?
    Nothing happens. It just continues as normal. Very strange indeed. I walk around in that Bhaal room, jumping around the corpse of Sarevok. Normally it should take like 2 sec and the game ends if you load the "final save".
    I guess for some reason a variable didn't set correctly. Check your save with the EE-Keeper, and set the variable there.
    I've tried to kill Sarevok several times. Still no final save is made.

For my import to BG2 it doesn't matter anyways as far as I know. I don't play SoD (because the SoD sucks).
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited March 2019
    There can be an issue with the transfer to SoD with SCS installed. If you've got access to the console, try teleporting the character into the Undercity area to see if that kickstarts it (of course if you just want the final character position, you can export the character at any time and import it to BG2 anyway).