Skip to content

BG series streamers

Does anyone know any streamers on YouTube or twitch who are streaming any of the games? Especially LoB runs. I've watched a few who have either fizzled out or not taken the series right through. Retrograde Tom was good but he only did BG and SoD not SoA sadly.
RelSundan

Comments

• RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    I was at it for a while and have considered picking it up again. First thought was to continue with no reload Attempts. I streamed them live on twitch and then posted every streaming session on my YouTube channel.

Got quite a lot of time today, so who knows? I might give it an attempt. SCS and maybe LoB. Sadly I don't own SoD so I can't play that part.
    comebackhomeCrevsDaak
  • Victor_Creed_SFVVictor_Creed_SFV Member Posts: 609
    Yeah I recently started LoB and SCS, played through most SoA and ToB without recording, but recently started recording my BG1 run, which will go all the way thru ToB, but I'm not that aqcuainted with SOD, never went further than the 2nd map after BG city.
    Also am only in Cloakwood mines, so maybe not that nteresting for people who specifically look for SoD until I get there:
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakRelSundan
  • GrimjackMVGrimjackMV Member Posts: 151
    Check out Kikoskia's series too!

JuliusBorisov
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    edited December 2018
    Not many stream it regularly. I follow a couple, but for the most part it's usually someone playing it one time and then moving on. Davaeornlol plays hardcore, no reload, insane SCS runs, starting each character from the very beginning of BG in a Sisyphusian effort to actually make it through ToB at some point. Absolutely no roleplaying at all, but knows his tactics inside and out. Compare that to AForAffort, who's currently roleplaying a wizard slayer to the hilt: no magic users in the party, and killing pretty much any magic user she comes across (whether it's a smart idea or not).

Otherwise, you're better off just following the games themselves (e.g. here are the current live streams for BG) to catch folks.
    Post edited by CamDawg on
    JuliusBorisovdeltago
    One of my favorite Starcraft II casters, FalconPaladin, has decided to play BGEE for his weekend streams. He just started yesterday and is playing a paladin through unmodded BGEE.
    lefreutJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    So I started watching FalconPaladin, and he seems like he's an entertaining streamer. I've only watched him create his character so far, but it looks like it'll be fun to watch, if a bit painful, sort of like looking at an accident you can't look away from.

He got me to say "Oh...my...god" out loud when he took a 75 roll on a paladin with 15 STR, 9 DEX, and 9 CON. Then two pips in quarterstaff and two in two-handed weapon style.

I'm trying to decide if it's more fun to watch somebody who's a good sport enough to play totally blind without knowing anything at all about how the game works, or somebody who knows the game so well they min-max a "Superman" character. There are so many god-mode runs out there they get boring to watch, so I'm thinking maybe it's more entertaining to watch a good streamer who's willing to play a game they don't know on camera.

For anybody who enjoys blind playthroughs, that's what this is. So far, I think I'd recommend it. But like I said, I've barely started watching. It'll be interesting to see if he gets frustrated any when he starts dying. :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Okay, I watched some more. Some people came into his stream chat, including @CamDawg , and started teaching him. He re-rolled a 90 and got more appropriate stats and proficiencies. It should still be fun to watch.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    Which difficulty level did he choose? I stopped watching the D&D stream because of Story Mode.
    lefreut wrote: »
    Which difficulty level did he choose? I stopped watching the D&D stream because of Story Mode.

He's on normal IIRC, though I think he turned on max level-up HP. I am curious to see how it goes as the only other non-RTS I've seen him play is a bit of WoW. He's also not terribly familiar with D&D rules, which makes the blind playthrough even more blind--not sure yet if that's a good or bad thing, but he's had some good viewers help him with some of the nuances.
    lefreut
    edited March 2019
    FrasWhar is an excellent Twitch streamer who does older games--his channel is called the Retrovution and he also is one of GOG's official streamers. I feel dumb for not thinking of him earlier, as he's already completed BGEE and SoD and is in chapter 2 or 3 of SoA.

He usually runs through series of games concurrently; he's currently playing Worms and Pirates! alongside BG, so he may be playing something else when you tune in.

edit: Oh yeah, if you visit his stream, tell him he should be doing a voice pack with me.
    Post edited by CamDawg on
    JuliusBorisov