Skip to content

Accurate Multi/Dual Class Rules

WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
IE engine's Multi and Dual classing rules have always been unnecessarily restrictive. PnP allows for some options not allowed in game such as druid/mages, druid/rangers, and triple dual classes.

Could we ever maybe see this changed?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im going to go with no...... because i want to say its hard coded that way....? i use the ellipsis because im not 100 % sure, but i wouldn't bet money on seeing this changed

plus from what i can recall way way back in the day, this was a deliberate choice from the original devs of BG 1, because they were more concerned with game balance than strict PnP rules

hence the reason why there are things that are different between the BG series and PnP rules
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    WarChiefZekeStummvonBordwehr
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    edited March 2019
    If they did restore druid/mage and such, they'd probably have to restore the other PnP restrictions, such as non-humans having level caps. iirc, only humans could level indefinitely in 2ed.

Edit: https://people.wku.edu/charles.plemons/ad&d/races/class.html
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Mods can do a lot these days. I've put a lot of work into creating heretofore-unavailable classes. Tome & Blood has multiclass sorcerers, and Faiths & Powers has Druid/Ranger, Druid/Thief, and Druid/Mage. Might & Guile has Ranger/Thief and Ranger/Mage kits, though they are rougher approximations than the other ones. Now I'm working on a Barbarian/Shaman multiclass...

Druid/Mage was really what I was looking for so thanks @subtledoctor for pointing me to that!