Skip to content

Does anyone know what the BG2 Beta on Steam does?

What does the BG2 beta option on the betas drop-down on steam do, does it install a beta? What version of the game does it install? Is it 2.5.17 or 2.6 beta? And what does the beta for BG1 do? I would check myself but I have a ton of mods installed and don't want to reinstall them just to find out.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    The beta channel was for the current patch-in-the-making. So you don't need the beta.

There is also an option to enable the old 1.3 version on Steam on the same beta tab. It's left there because certain systems (old devices) have performance issues with the 2.x versions.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    @JuliusBorisov Is there any way to get 2.5.17 for BG2 (or 2.6)? I saw screenshots of people with spell area icons in their game, is that part of the beta? I know BG1 is on patch 2.5.17 but BG2 isn't, and I want one of the features that 2.5.17 has for BG2, namely spell interruption on 0 damage being fixed.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    You can enable "Show Area of Effect Range" in your baldur.lua file (add the following line: SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options','Show AOE','1') ), or by installing this mod - https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64524/mod-reveal-hidden-gameplay-options-for-all-ee-games-patched-to-v2-0-or-higher/p1. Unfortunately 2.5.17 is not available to the public for BGII:EE.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Is there any way to fix the zero damage interruption besides updating?