Skip to content

What is going with "What to do with parry?"?

There has been a long time no see what to do with parry. I think it would be important to be resolved right now because there are a lot of custom modules intended to level up to higher levels as you know parry isn't that powerfully in these high levels. I would like to invest in Parry with my future character. I think there is a lot of game mechanics to get better beyond parry (about balancingvpowers) and I think it wouldn't be resolved, but I would really like to see new balancing features. I would like to see also new base items and also new spells, skills, new functionalities for che characters .

Comments

• StratovariusStratovarius Member Posts: 30
    If you're looking for additional base classes, spells, etc., the custom content community has you covered and has done for ages. There's a number of projects that add additional classes, with the largest and closest to the Dungeons & Dragons rules being the PRC, of which I am the founder.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1647391559
    https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/player-resource-consortium-v362
    sandronejm
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    "Fix Parry" has been moved to the Icebox - https://trello.com/c/2GVx5LBz/30-fix-parry - after a long discussion and a poll. But it's still on the Roadmap. The focus right now is the new renderer for NWN:EE, 64-bit, and all the items in Short- & Long-term Active.
  • sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
    Sure. The focus is new renderer and the parry is in IceBox.
    JuliusBorisov
  • tfoxtfox Member Posts: 87
    While it doesn't help you if all you wish to do is run single player modules or even just simple multiplayer mods with friends, if you were considering parry from a server host position and balancing/making it an interesting skill to invest in, the NWNxEE tweaks plugin allows you to have parry work as described rather then the way it has always been.

Honestly that's the best approach to handling such a hot topic as Parry, it allows server hosts/developers to enable it if they want to use it or completely ignore it otherwise.
    I am a very simple user. I cant deal creating a server, configuring a module and even using nwnx. But I would like to, if I could... I will bet lotteries if (or when...) I get 5 millions I will (try) to save 1 million for creating maybe a module server the way I like. Lol ?
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Well you know there are usually a lot of projects with just one modder making it all alone because they can't find anyone to help. If you want to develop a server you could join with an existing modder and help them create a shared vision with you. There are lots of things people could do to help develop a server module, a lot of simple things as well.
    Honestly, did you even get exhausted building? Do not is it better to pay 10 dollars to a premium module than building yourself spending like 10.000 hours that is so much more dollars? That is it. Please do not encourage myself to that because I know what difficulties contains this way to go. Only 1 million would resolve that.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It's up to you of course. Sure it can be exhausting, it's usually quite thankless and success tends to be questionable. You're still free to get involved, even if you just give modders suggestions for things you'd like to see. Sometimes the modding itself can be the game.