Skip to content

Travel times on world map overlap? Can't see travel times.

Hi, I was just playing BG for my first time since whatever was the last patch, and the travel times on the world map are overlapping such that I can't see the travel time on whichever map label is obscured by another map label on top of it. I tried turning off interface scaling, and that doesn't solve the problem.

What's up with this? Is it a known problem? When was it introduced, and how?

It is a very annoying bug, right up there with the old bug where the battle music wouldn't stop playing. Now I can't see most travel times without clicking and actually going to wherever it is.

:(

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @BelgarathMTH, I had a similar problem. Although it doesn't provide an answer about scaling the fonts (still trying to play with the size of fonts for my phone), but the way I reduced some of the overlapping was to use NI to reduce the size of the labels.

If you do a search for 'Traveling Hours' and edit it to read just 'Hours' then you should be able to see the actual times a little better. Did the same for 'Destination Unreachable' which I edited to 'Unreachable'...

I am also using a different font but am chopping and changing to get the right one or two (one for PC and one for Android). My current font for PC is a font called 'Karma Bold'. All you do is find the font you want to use (it will need to be something like a double height/width/size font as you can't change the size that I know of yet), rename it to 'FLOATTXT.ttf' and throw it in your override folder. It will also adjust the font which shows the HP on your portraits...

If you do go down this road, let me know if you get any better fonts because I am always on the lookout and haven't yet found anything I like for Android (small screen).

Hope that helps
    Gus
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thanks for the suggestion, @Gusinda. I won't be trying to hack or edit my game, but it was nice of you to respond.

I'd kind of like to have something from a Beamdog employee about why this has happened and whether anything is being done about it.