Skip to content

Is the -2 reputation penalty for having Vicona in your party rather than Jaheira?

I ask mainly ask because I read that there are extra quests the higher your reputation is. The parties reputation was 20 until saving and taking in Vicona into my party and now my reputation is 18 which is a problem because I want all of them but if I get a reputation higher than 18 Vicona will leave the party.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I don't think there are any quests tied to rep.
    ilduderino
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    There are no extra quests tied to reputation, though npcs may react to you differently due to high/low reputation.

I recall that if you try to steal from a salesperson and it fails your reputarion drops (if you need to, do it indoors to avoid mobs and guards, also don't kill the salesperson just get out) . If you need to raise it just donate to temples.
    gorgonzola
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    There are no extra quests tied to reputation, though npcs may react to you differently due to high/low reputation.

I recall that if you try to steal from a salesperson and it fails your reputarion drops (if you need to, do it indoors to avoid mobs and guards, also don't kill the salesperson just get out) . If you need to raise it just donate to temples.

It isn't possible to raise your reputations with temple donations if it is at 18 already. So you don't think that it matters if I only have an 18 reputation? (By the way, the shop discounts don't matter I am quite rich right now).
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    if you have 18 rep you should get all the better dialogues options and npc reactions, to have more gives you only the chance to lower it some points, let's say taking viky or doing a choice that lower rep instead of rising it, without much consequence and some further discount.
    now your problem is not to loose quests, as there are no quests you loose, is to lower intentionally your rep before triggering any quest related rise in rep. drop and take back viki just before it happens.
  • 20884322088432 Member Posts: 229
    gorgonzola wrote: »
    if you have 18 rep you should get all the better dialogues options and npc reactions, to have more gives you only the chance to lower it some points, let's say taking viky or doing a choice that lower rep instead of rising it, without much consequence and some further discount.
    now your problem is not to loose quests, as there are no quests you loose, is to lower intentionally your rep before triggering any quest related rise in rep. drop and take back viki just before it happens.

Right thanks!
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    by the way if you intend to romance her you have a bigger problem as to drop her break the romance...