Skip to content

Baldurs Gate Override Mods

Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
I'm looking for the specific files that remove the helmet animations from your characters. I know it's in the Tweaks Anthology Set, but I dont know the exact files. I did this before, but its been awhile. I also know I can just drop this(these) files into the override and BLAMO! it will work. Someone please help...

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Allanon81, the attached file does only the BG1EE Vanilla helmets and doesn't do any of mod added helmets... these would have to be done seperately. To 'extract', I just installed Tweaks Anthology version onto a vanilla BG1EE install and grabbed the files in the override folder.

Unpack files into 'override' folder.

Gus
    StummvonBordwehrRaduziel
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Allanon81

The attached file is a simple mod that will work in any game and remove the animation of all helmets and circlets.

If you want to keep the circlets' animation, open the .tp2 file, locate the following (line 13):
    ~H0~ ~H1~ ~H2~ ~H3~ ~H4~ ~H5~ ~H6~ ~J0~ ~J1~ ~J2~ ~J3~ ~J4~ ~J5~ ~J6~ ~J7~ ~J8~ ~J9~ ~JA~ ~JB~ ~JC~ BEGIN

Delete ~JB~ and run the .exe

I know you asked for something to be dropped at the override folder, but this is a quite simple mod and will cover the points @Gusinda raised (mod-added, only-BG1, etc). Just make sure to run it after any other mod that adds helms.

I see no reason for this mod be incompatible with anything else, so you may use it without worries.

Just dropping files at the override folder will always have the limitations listed by Gusinda.

Cheers.
    GusindaStummvonBordwehr
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    edited April 2019
    @Gusinda Hells, Yeah! Thank you worked like a charm.
    @Raduziel Thank you as well.
    @Gusinda Is it possible to get Commoners Use Drab colors, Weapon Animation Tweaks, Make Magic Shields Glow, Unique Icons, Use Character Color Instead of Item Color, Remove Blur Effect from Equiped Items, Seperate resist Fire/Cold Icon.

I know its alot, but if you can it would be a big help and make the game more enjoyable for me and maybe others.
    edited April 2019
    @Allanon81 why not just get the Tweaks Anthology and install only the components you just listed?

Do you need any help on how to use mods?
    @Raduziel No, I just dont have access to a PC right now and so I'm unable to use Tweaks Anthology or other mods in any other way except override only.

Only have phone/tablet.

Helmets, Battle Enhancer, GUI mods, others(cant remember) have worked so far though. ;)
    Raduziel
    That makes sense :)
    @Allanon81, sure no problems. In the attached file, I included the Remove Helmets portion as well just to keep it all one file so you can get rid of the previous one.
    For the request, 'Unique Icons' isn't available for BGEE and for 'Character Color Instead of Item Color', the option I selected was for all non-maigical Shields & Helmets. If you wanted to include magical Shields, then let me know and I can change it.

Gus
    @Gusinda Yeah for Magic Shields too if you could. Thnx a bunch for your help. :)
    @Allanon81, hereyago, Magic Shields included, and no problems.

Enjoy
    Gus
    StummvonBordwehr
    Hope this helps anybody else.

Thnx, Gusinda
    edited April 2019
    @Gusinda Is there an override mod to disable "You must gather your party" sound/dialog? If so, can you help?

Nevermind, I found it here. Works with BG1 also.
    http://www.baldurdash.org/SoAtweaks/BG2ShutUp'YouMustGatherYourPartyBeforeVenturingForth'.zip
    Post edited by Allanon81 on
    Gusinda
    @Allanon81, that is good. For those type of things you can generally make an empty sound file and replace the 'annoying' sound file (once you know which one it is) which is essentially what has been done here. There is a component in Tweaks Anthology that also fixes the prob, but no need for that now.

Gus