Skip to content

Opcode 363 (Movement rate check)

GoidaGoida Member Posts: 118
I was going to test and study this effect myself, but I realized that there are too many variables and I could be loading games until Doomsday. Just how does it work? Someone please tell me. Shamans have it built into their SPSH004 spell, and the higher-level versions too, and it works to keep them from moving, or else the dancing stops. There are two "bard song" checks here: first, the shaman dance replaces the bard song, and second, the SPSH004 et al are "Bard song" type spells. I don't know which one does it, but this spell, cast separately on another creature with a different modal action, doesn't stop and get cancelled when the character moves. What do I want to do? To make a spell of my own with lasting effects that will be nullified if the character moves while in the TURNUNDEAD mode. Effectively this will keep characters standing on the spot while turning, or they will risk blow-up/domination from a turning reversal.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GoidaGoida Member Posts: 118
    You mean, it only works from the BardSong() action?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Parameter1 and Parameter2 are irrelevant.
    Special Field: Modal State
    0	:	Any Modal (doesn't include 'NONE')
    1	:	BATTLESONG
    2	:	DETECTTRAPS
    3	:	STEALTH
    4	:	TURNUDEAD
    5	:	SHAMANDANCE

The next time the targeted creature(s) moves while using the specified Modal action, that Modal action ends, this effect ends, and all effects with a matching Parent Resource of this effect are removed from the creature.
    This effect is only applied to the creature if it is currently in the specified Modal action.
    Once applied, the target can manually end the modal action before moving to allow themselves to move without triggering this effect.
    If applied in an EFF file, the "Parent Resource" field must be manually specified.
    Raduziel
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Maybe it's a logistical problem:
    Yep. Doing anything would end the modal, so applying the effect while in the modal has to be done by someone else, or by a repeating effect.
    ...Or is there? @kjeron do you happen to know if Turn Undead is detectable in some way? Does it set a state or spellstate, or something?
    Only script triggers.

Opcode 232 has a "Turned()" trigger, but cannot target the one who turned them with it's spell, and the effect takes place after any effects of the turning, so it can't be used to block/reflect it.