Skip to content

Game crashes to desktop when try to load a saved game

ngc7293ngc7293 Member Posts: 13
The game worked fine before I updated Windows 10. I really don't want to download the game again because my computer has super slow wifi. The first time I downloaded the game it took 6 hours.
With that out of the way, I did a verify on the game and it said there were some corrupt or missing files and I let it run. I could play a new game (new module or what ever), but once I saved and came back, when I click on Load, I am dumped out to Windows without a Beamdog error.
I have created a report on this but it seems more likely the problem is on my end if the game worked fine before. I was hoping someone would have an "aha!" moment and give me something where I don't have to download the entire game. This isn't a Laptop. It's an HP machine with a crappy wifi chip. My Mac Mini downloaded the game in half the time. (just sayin')
Ideas? Thanks

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Make sure you have OpenAl installed correctly and you have the latest graphics drivers (steps 1-3 from https://beamdog.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/206729933-Windows-My-Game-Won-t-Launch-Or-Is-Crashing-On-Launch )
  • ngc7293ngc7293 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks. Done and done.
    I figured out what the problem was. I had corrupt Portraits.
    Is there an easy way to create the Small Medium and Large versions of the Big portrait? Most people create these portrait packs with just the "portraitH.tga" and you have to create the rest. I used gimp and the file sizes were wrong or they were just plain corrupt. I have done this before with my old PC that had Photoshop. It would be a lot easier without having to create the smaller files.
    JuliusBorisov