5. Dorn
      69.12%
    6. Spoiler
        2.94%
gorgonzolaZaghoulStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov

Comments

• ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Heck, worshipping and actively serving the only goddess in the settign who not only wants to wipe out ALL LIFE IN THE UNVERSE and has make attempts to do so in the past, makes Viconia more evil than almost anyone else on its own. Full stop.

You had some pretty strong words to say about Viconia in the other thread. You don't think serving the Apocalypse God ranks a little higher than some random demon?
    Zaghoul wrote: »
    How I see it.

Korgon is bascally a do what it takes merc.
    Hexxat is a crook doing what comes natural to survive as a vamp.
    Edwin is a power hungry self serving bureaucratic mage.
    Viconia and the spoiler guy can both
    (Saervok) change alignments for the better
    But Dorn, well he just loves killing and bloodshed. Even in BG1 he talks about slaughtering innocent women and children. I think even Korgan would draw the line there. I mean, where does that get fun. Plus he's got the whole serving a demon thing going on.

Even Shar has a group in her church called the Nightcloaks, rare neutral aligned priests going out to ease suffering in order to bring in more worshipers. Vic also had the guts to say enough was enough when it came to a certain killing in the Underdark.

I haven't done Dorn's BG2 questline, but from what I understand like Viconia you can free him from his evil master so to say.

But unlike Viconia he remains very evil after you do so. He's just free to be evil on his own terms.
    Zaghoul
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Although generally speaking I don't have a moral problem with having "evil" npcs in my party I genuinely can't stomach Dorn's SoA questline.
    Quartztbone1
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Chronicler wrote: »
    Heck, worshipping and actively serving the only goddess in the settign who not only wants to wipe out ALL LIFE IN THE UNVERSE and has make attempts to do so in the past, makes Viconia more evil than almost anyone else on its own. Full stop.

You had some pretty strong words to say about Viconia in the other thread. You don't think serving the Apocalypse God ranks a little higher than some random demon?

Sure, the literal goddess of evil and darkness is pretty impossible to top. I think the tipping point for me, is that Dorn is REALLY GOOD at follow HIS evil patron's orders, even enjoys it. Viconia's religious philosophy is definitely magnitude's worse than Dorn's, but Viconia doesn't really ACT on it much. She is more evil than the vanilla bg2 npcs, actively encouraging acts of callousness and evil, her actions do not hold a candle to Dorn or Hexxat, who both intentional spread as much misery around as possible. Hexxat is an active serial killer who makes excuses for what she does. Dorn is outright sadistic and thouroughly enjoys killing as many people as possible without a hint of remorse, not even sparing women and children. Not even Korgan is that violent or spiteful. At the end of the day, Dorn's actions spread more death and misery than any philosophy.
    ChroniclergorgonzolaZaghoul
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    gorgonzolatbone1
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    dorn. edwin just has a big ego, korgan is jut a mercenary. and you can feel sorry for hexxat and viconia.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    Gotta be Dorn, with Hexxat coming second

Korgan is evil lite, he just yearns for the love of a good halfling lass
    JLeeBalrog99mashedtaterslolien
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    The OP should start a new poll so we can discuss who the "goodest" companion is!
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited April 2019
    yep, there maybe there is some chance that someone does not "win the elections" with a so totalitarian margin.
    EDIT: i don't vote here cause i was never able to play with dorn, hexxat and edwin, i suspect that doing it i would vote dorn.
    about viconia i agree with @ThacoBell about her serving possibly the greatest of the evils, even if shar and selune are 2 faces of a coin, somewhat the existence of one imply the existence of the other.
    but the evilness of a power or the evilness of who serve it are separate things.
    i agree with @Zaxares , the fact that both viki and mr tob can change alignment make them less evil then the other possible choices. for viki to do it mean to unlearn almost all what has been learned from the society she has born and grown into, to switch from lolith to shar can be a needed step in the path that make her change from evil into something other.
    mashedtaters
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    The OP should start a new poll so we can discuss who the "goodest" companion is!

Mazzy. Full stop.
    EnialusMeliamne
    i find that also minsc and aerie are good contenders, he is much more naive and she is much less militant, is not a soldier, an agent of goodness, but it seems to me that their alignment is as rooted in goodness as the one of mazzy. also keldorn and nalia are possible contenders.
    megamike15
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    DJKajuru wrote: »

Mazzy. Full stop.

Minsc :)
    ThacoBellmashedtaters
  • Gatekeep3rGatekeep3r Member Posts: 123
    I never got why Korgan is chaotic evil. Shouldn't chaotic neutral make more sense? He doesn't kill people for the joy of watching them suffer, but for hard cash. Even Shagbag.
    edited April 2019
    to assume that your wallet is so important that you can happily kill people to fill it is quite an evil thing imho. i would say that a professional killer or someone that works for some kind of mafia or other criminal organization is not exactly an agent of goodness, even if he does not have necessarily to be sadistic, to find pleasure in killing or harassing people.
    he has his own ethic, he certainly disapprove slavery, while edwin is working for an organization that promotes slavery, the red wizards of thay, and killing children, but probably is still on the evil side. his disapproving such things seem to me more to have a moral code of honor as fighter then to be good or even neutral oriented.
    i usually can not force myself in having evil toons in the party, he is probably the only exception, together with the 2 that can change alignment, he is clear about his work and ask me money to do it with me, he has some honor code and as i pay him i know that he will work for my cause that is a good one, i always play good oriented, even when charname is technically neutral.
    Zaxares
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Korgan is Chaotic Evil largely because he takes pleasure in the act of violence and slaughter itself. He talks quite a bit about enjoying the bloodshed and carnage, of seeing fear in the eyes of his enemies as he tears them apart. These are not the motivations of a Good or even Neutral character. He does seem to have certain limits on who exactly is deserving of his violence (as gorgonzola points out, he seems to dislike killing people who have no real way to fight back, although he also seems to have no qualms about butchering foes who clearly have no way of matching his skill, just as long as they can lift a weapon in defense), but make no mistake. He's definitely Evil.
    gorgonzolaThacoBell
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    Gatekeep3r wrote: »
    I never got why Korgan is chaotic evil. Shouldn't chaotic neutral make more sense? He doesn't kill people for the joy of watching them suffer, but for hard cash. Even Shagbag.

the tweak pack has a component that makes korgan ne.
    DJKajuru
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I too would argue that CN makes more sense given that as a mercenary you are just as likely to be fighting for the good guys as the bad guys, and either side will happily work with you as long as you are doing what they're paying you to do.
    Anyone who thinks Korgan shouldn't be chaotic evil has clearly never read his epilogue.
    DreadKhan
    chimaera wrote: »
    I voted Edwin
    The way I see it Dorn is most certainly evil. He enjoys the carnage for sure - and tells about it every second.

But Dorn is a 10 int half orc who made a deal with the devil/demon. I am not excusing him, but I dont think he would know better even he tried.
    Dorn has 15 wisdom, which puts him above the average. What he's incapable of (thanks to his low intelligence) is learning from his mistakes, e.g. he doesn't like being beholden to his patron, but still considers the deal of another, even though it would put him in exactly the same situation.

Eddie's high intelligence means he learns easily, but even then, with his low wisdom he lacks the common sense to apply that in practice, e.g. to not to repeat mistakes (as evidenced by his epilogue).

It's booksmarts vs. streetsmarts, but either of these characters is capable of 'knowing better'.

Worth noting too, that while 10 is "low" for an adventurer, it's average intelligence in the general sense. It's what you could expect of any rando out in the street.

He's not stupid or anything. His Intelligence just isn't one of the strengths that allow him to slay dragons and such.
    ThacoBellgorgonzolaArtonamashedtaters
  • NeverusedNeverused Member Posts: 803
    In order for me, Dorn, Hexxat, Mr. ToB, Edwin, Viconia, and Korgan. Notably, I see no way for even neutral parties to justify the first two, and even the most stalwart paladin could justify the latter 4.
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrgorgonzola
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Korgan has its own limits according to his banters, does not kill children or use slaves.

Viconia can be turned TN with the power of love. Even though she can be cruel when justified she still did not agree to sacrifice a human babe to Lloth which caused her exile.

Edwin is egocentric and power hungry, but is like a comic relief most of the time.

Hexxat is the second evilest I think,
    she used and discarded a lot of femal thieves like Clara in order to get out of her tomb. Still she is not as evil as a pure vampire could be. She is almost apologetic when bantering with Aerie or Mazzy.
    gorgonzola
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Dorn by far.