Skip to content

Many old mods adapted for BG2EE

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    saber0 wrote: »
    yeah just the vampire's revenge
    thank you @Raduziel

I'll pack a quick mod that will add it to Irenicus' dungeon at the golem room (the same you get the key to release Jaheira). Unless you prefer it to be delivered somewhere else. Just let me know.

I'll only be able to do that tomorrow, though. It's quite late here in Brazil.

Cheers.
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    thank you @Raduziel !!!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @saber0 Things were easier than I thought as the sword is already within the game's resource, it just wasn't made available anywhere.

Here's how to obtain it:

Enable the cheat console and call it in-game by pressing at the same time Ctrl+Space. The Action Bar will be replaced for an empty space to type. Enter the following command:

C:CreateItem("SW1H19").

Hit enter and the sword will be there but unidentified.

If you are using a tablet you'll probably not be able to call cheats. In this case, unzip and drop the attached file in the override folder and that should do the trick.

This file puts the sword inside the chest of the golem room. Be aware that this overrides the entire first area of Irenicus' Prison, so any mods that alter that area will lose its effects. To avoid this, drop this file before installing them.

Hope it helps.
  • saber0saber0 Member Posts: 84
    thanks!
  • deratiseurderatiseur Member Posts: 228
    And two new mods added : Pirate kit (French) and A Mod for the Orderly.
  • Nezg4lNezg4l Member Posts: 5
    Hi :)

Do these work with EET as part as a big world setup, or are they just for BG2EE?

I'm using Roxanne's EET instal tool, which doesn't include most of these mods, so I tried installing a few manually, but I did it after everything else so there might be some problems, and I haven't tested a lot. It seems however that some stores did not appear (Bolsa, Joluv, Rolles, Ruad) while others did (merchants from Underrespresented items and Unusual odities). It may be because of a wrong install order or something, ot that I just missed them (I'm pretty positive that Joluv wasn't in the Copper Coronet, unless he only shows up after Underdark?).

Also, Stuff of the Magi seemed to work (at least I got the gloves from Firkraag, didn't try the other items). Jan got his potion book from Alchemy, although I didn't test it.

Heart of the Wood failed to install, and the Morituri kit installed but didn't show up at character creation (might be a problem with install order or conflict with other kis mods).

Orderly installed fine but I didn't test it, I like the concept of having a keyring but it's a minor issue if this one doesn't work.

Lastly, I was wondering if the IWD item pack conflicts in any way with IWDification, by having duplicate items for instance?

Thanks
    What is the interest of EET, i still search. Sorry, i haven't try EET and haven't install it for look what it change. So no, the mods are not ready for EET.

IWDfiction add common items, IWD item pack add uniques items. I think both are comatible.
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Thank you so much for your efforts ! Would you consider uploading these at a more stable host than Mediafire for the benefits of future generations ? ;) Maybe @Solaufein could upload Homeward Bound on the official page over at TeamBG ?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited August 2019
    Ye, mediafire.com is crap:
    direct link to file will be different every time when you upload new version of the mod
    files will be deleted after 30 days since last download
    adverting
    captcha

Please host them at Github.com. I can help you with initial setup.
    edited August 2019
    - i change the link in the message every time i upload a new version of a mod, and i'm active. No broken links in the list.
    - And NO, mediafire don't delete old files: i have really old files on my mediafire (many years files) no downloaded from many years ago and still here. (exemple : The recipes for the incoming v3 of the my quest mod posted on the french forum 2 years ago, lost in the forum and so no more downladed, but still downloadable)

But ok, i will RE upload them and RE inscribe me on another site.

*sigh* asked here : EET compatibility and Github Upload. Asked on the french community : BWP fixpack Check (no more than the fix i've already included: done) and french weidu prompts (useless... but: done).
    Why is it that when you offer people somethings, they always want more?
    Is there somewhere a french tutorial for github ? Thanks Alien for your proposal, but i've got some difficulty for undestand english technical terms.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    deratiseur wrote: »
    Is there somewhere a french tutorial for github ? Thanks Alien for your proposal, but i've got some difficulty for undestand english technical terms.

There are tons of Github docs,tutorials,videos. You can start here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/29541-a-basic-modders-guide-to-git-and-github/?page=1
    as for french versions, I don't know any but I'm sure you could find it.
    deratiseur wrote: »
    Why is it that when you offer people somethings, they always want more?
    You have taken care about lot of mods (Stuff of the magi!), it will put great amount of mod maintenance at you if you want to do everything on you own. Github can help you mitigate this problem because you can directly accept the contributions/help from other people. So when someone wants 'french weidu prompts' and you are busy with different things/don't have time, you can ask them to provide 'Github Pull Request' with required changes which could be integrated into the main mod via one click.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @deratiseur I have a Russian translation for A Mod For The Orderly from Austin. I'll add it to your version, make it official v7 and upload it to the G3 official download site. Thanks for your work.
    @deratiseur A Mod for the Orderly was uploaded to the official G3 hosting site! Thank you very much for your work!
    It already hit v7 with a Russian translation from iopden & aerie.ru!
    Thanks to deratiseur's work, the mod is also directly compatible with EET.
    Download A Mod for the Orderly at G3
    OK, i can remove it from my list.
    Thanks again for your work!
  • gohanf22gohanf22 Member Posts: 99
    For some odd reason the bolsa mod is not working. She is no where near ribald and actually is not even in the mart. Could it have a mod problem with another mod?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Are all the item upgraders mod compatible with EET? Referring to:

Item-upgraders :

- Jan' Alchemy add to Jan the ability to "forge" new potions.

- Nanstein transform the items forged by cromwell into items of over type. now in v2 : corrected (the items have a description) and with 9 (11) new items to transform. (texts and descriptions of the 9 new items only in french, sorry)

- Rolles forge many powerful+ items. Sell "interesting" things.

- Ruad forge 60+ items. Components are rares and hard to collect.
    I don't know. The mods have'nt been specially prepared for EET, so they may or may not work.
  • Nice work, thanks for your effort
  • TrumanTruman Member Posts: 3
    Not to sound too picky, but, did you know that if you click on Rolles, you actually get the download link for Bolsa? Just thought i'd mention it, seeing as how it has been out there since Nov 2018.
    edited September 2019
    ok, thank a lot. Fixed. :)

Actually, it's from the moment I rewrote the whole message to add subcategories. Rolles v4 dates from 03/08/2019. (321 downloads)
    edited September 2019
    Hello,
    would you kindly tell me where are you supposed to find the keyring?
    Post edited by Arthas on
    edited September 2019
    Did you read the readme? The answer is in there. Northeast of the slums. And "please" when you ask a question, never?
    I edited my question to not sound like an ass. By the way, in the archive I downloaded there is no readme. ;)
    Hello,
    Is the version of the mod of the orderly published here the same one you are going to find in Gibberlings 3 forum?
    Would you consider updating Korgan's Redemption on the SHS page ? The version there is still pre-EE. :) Thanks for your efforts!
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    It will be done today with a few other mods. ;)
    Thank you! Can I assume the more simple mods here to be EET compatible as well ? Thinking of Homeward Bound especially; wouldn't like to miss that one.