Skip to content

[Kit Pack] Deities of Faerûn - v 1.9.7.5.1 [53 Cleric Kits and more for IWD, BG(2)EE and EET]

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    LupusSolus wrote: »
    I know you probably have answered this but were Mielikki and Milil ever considered as deities?

Yes, they are deities.

Mielikki (like Solonor) will only have a Ranger/Cleric kit. I need to read again about Milil to give you a proper answer about what I'll do about it.
  • LupusSolusLupusSolus Member Posts: 183
    Raduziel wrote: »
    I know you probably have answered this but were Mielikki and Milil ever considered as deities?

Yes, they are deities.

Mielikki (like Solonor) will only have a Ranger/Cleric kit. I need to read again about Milil to give you a proper answer about what I'll do about it.

Milil is the god of song, music and poetry so very bardy if that is a word; it would be cool if he had abilities similar to a bard song or some such similar thing. For spheres I would say:

Major: All, Healing, Thought, Creation, Travelers, Vocal
    Minor: Protection, Weave, Divination, Sun
    edited April 2019

Yes, they are deities.

Milil is the god of song, music and poetry so very bardy if that is a word; it would be cool if he had abilities similar to a bard song or some such similar thing. For spheres I would say:

Those are great suggestions indeed. Just need to check if she's a Demipower as it influences the number of spheres.
    Male lesser power; prior to the Time of Troubles he was a demipower but like all demi-gods, he was elevate to lesser power afterwards and serves Oghma along with Deneir.
    Raduziel
    I don't know if this is helpful but as a blueprint I have some ideas:

Chorister of Milil

Armor: All up to and including chain mail.
    Weapon: Bludgeoning only
    Requirements: Wis 14, Cha 14.
    Stronghold: Lathander, Bard.
    Alignment: NG.
    Race: Human, Elf, Half-Elf
    Multiclass: Cleric/Mage, Cleric/Thief.
    Turn/Command Undead: No.

-Immune to Charm and Silence

-can cast Silence 15' Radius once per day and once every 5 levels thereafter

-Song of Valor at level 5 the Priest of Milil can weave a song that lasts one round per level and grants the priest and his allies immunity to fear and +3 to hit and damage; another use is granted every 5 levels

-At level 10 may cast Power Word Silence once per day and once every 5 levels thereafter

- Song of Salvation at level 12 the Priest of Milil can weave a powerful song that grants the priest and party members +3 to all saves and regenerates 3hp/round that lasts one round per level and gains another use every 5 levels

Again just some ideas I had, maybe they could be helpful?
    edited April 2019

Chorister of Milil

-Song of Valor at level 5 the Priest of Milil can weave a song that lasts one round per level and grants the priest and his allies immunity to fear and +3 to hit and damage; another use is granted every 5 levels

-At level 10 may cast Power Word Silence once per day and once every 5 levels thereafter

- Song of Salvation at level 12 the Priest of Milil can weave a powerful song that grants the priest and party members +3 to all saves and regenerates 3hp/round that lasts one round per level and gains another use every 5 levels

Ideas are always welcome and that sounds like a good one but I need to:

1) check F&A as I'll always prefer to translate things from there as faithfully as possible

2) have time to touch DoF - currently things are on hold due to other project.

3) prepare proper icons to the aforementioned new special abilities if I have to rely on them (some kits needs to be heavily altered as their PnP counterparts don't fit in the IE at all).

I do appreciate the enthusiasm but I wouldn't hold my breath right now. The next release will contain all the heads of pantheons (Moradin, Gruumsh, Corellon, Garl - Yondalla is already available) and I haven't planned my next step yet.

I do know that every release from now on will have a dwarf deity as their pantheon is huge.

Cheers.

Chorister of Milil

Ideas are always welcome and that sounds like a good one but I need to:

1) check F&A as I'll always prefer to translate things from there as faithfully as possible

2) have time to touch DoF - currently things are on hold due to other project.

3) prepare proper icons to the aforementioned new special abilities if I have to rely on them (some kits needs to be heavily altered as their PnP counterparts don't fit in the IE at all).

I do appreciate the enthusiasm but I wouldn't hold my breath right now. The next release will contain all the heads of pantheons (Moradin, Gruumsh, Corellon, Garl - Yondalla is already available) and I haven't planned my next step yet.

I do know that every release from now on will have a dwarf deity as their pantheon is huge.

Cheers.

I understand. I just wanted to be helpful and I look forward to the other demihuman gods.
    Raduziel
    @LupusSolus You're being helpful, it's just my schedule that is at a bad timing :)
  • Summer_SnowmanSummer_Snowman Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2019
    Hello, just wanted to ask if it's normal for my Water Sphere clerics to not get Acid Storm for the 7th level. If it helps, I don't see the spell name or folder in the DoF>Lib>Spheres>Import folder, even though the readme says I should receive the spell.

Also, I don't seem to be able to get Shaman Selection spell on mod kits like Warhorn Shaman if I install DoF first. If I try installing DoF after the kit mods, the spell shows up but only provides regular Shaman sphere spells.
    Post edited by Summer_Snowman on
    @Summer_Snowman Good catch! Apparently Acid Storm is not a BG native spell as I thought (or I'm using the wrong spell label). Anyway, I'll fix it for the ongoing beta release.

Well, the Warhorn Shaman specifically was not updated by the mod's author yet - so there's nothing I can do here. I'll get in touch with @AionZ to see if he can solve this, but I do know that he is quite a busy person.

The other kits should have an icon called "select spell" (something like that) under their innate spell menu at the action bar. Clicking on this will open a spellbook-like menu that will allow you to select your spells - one at a time.

To get proper access to the spheres, please respect the install order stated by DoF's Readme:
    DoF should be installed before mods that introduce Kits that will use the Sphere System.
    Acid Storm was successfully added. It is available right in version 1.9.7.5 beta - download here.

Thanks for the report, @Summer_Snowman
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi @Raduziel , I have been using the Nightcloak of Shar Kit on Viconia (BGEE). It fits her well , but the darkness spell seems a bit more powerful than other lower level area spells such as sleep, web, silence, entangle and glitterdust. Perhaps it should be nerfed?
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Hi @Raduziel , I have been using the Nightcloak of Shar Kit on Viconia (BGEE). It fits her well, but the Darkness spell seems a bit more powerful than other lower level area spells such as sleep, web, silence, entangle and glitterdust. Perhaps it should be nerfed?

Hi @DJKajuru

Thanks for the feedback.

DoF's Darkness is similar to BG2EE's built-but-not-released Darkness 15' Radius (OHRDARK if you want to check it yourself with DLTCEP or NI). The only differences are:

i) DoF's Darkness is not party-friendly as BG2EE's is

ii) DoF's Darkness duration scales with level (1 round/level) while BG2EE's is flat (2 turns).

I'm open to suggestions about how it should be nerfed, though. I don't have a large room to maneuver as Blindness, that is ultimately what the spell does, is itself a strong effect.
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    Hi @Raduziel , I have been using the Nightcloak of Shar Kit on Viconia (BGEE). It fits her well, but the Darkness spell seems a bit more powerful than other lower level area spells such as sleep, web, silence, entangle and glitterdust. Perhaps it should be nerfed?

Hi @DJKajuru

Thanks for the feedback.

DoF's Darkness is similar to BG2EE's built-but-not-released Darkness 15' Radius (OHRDARK if you want to check it yourself with DLTCEP or NI). The only differences are:

i) DoF's Darkness is not party-friendly as BG2EE's is

ii) DoF's Darkness duration scales with level (1 round/level) while BG2EE's is flat (2 turns).

I'm open to suggestions about how it should be nerfed, though. I don't have a large room to maneuver as Blindness, that is ultimately what the spell does, is itself a strong effect.

Well, I have noticed a couple of things that make it more powerful than other similar spells :

1 - It's casting speed is quite fast .
    2- The effect is created directly on the selected area , rather than reaching the area (which contributes even more to its speed).
    3-As a special ability that can be cast once every two levels , there's a greater chance of it being used than other spells you have to memorize instead.

Because of those three points, Darkness is a faster, cheaper (doesn't cost a spell slot) and repeatable tactical spell . With Viconia in my BG1 party I could clear whole hostile areas by making use of her Darkness spell. What I would suggest is:

1- Make the spell speed a little bit slower (That would contribute to balancing combats and even giving enemies a chance to disrupt the spell).
    2-Make it reach the area instead of being created on it (like glitterdust or web)
    3-Decrease its uses per day (once every 3 or 4 levels , perhaps?)
    4- Or turn it into a 2nd level divine spell so the cleric will have to memorize it.

Of course that these are just suggestions , perhaps other members could offer better ones or even few that I am spoiling their fun, but I'm just reporting what I felt from testing it.
    edited April 2019
    @DJKajuru

Your report, and anyone's else, is always welcome. Let me just explain some things:

1) The spellcasting time is the same of the BG2EE spell and I'm quite sure that it is also the same of PnP.

2) I'll see what I can do. The idea of the spell traveling sounds weird for a spell that just removes the light of a place. But I can overcome this weirdness for balance's sake.

3) The gaining rate is stated by the kit's PnP description. I may try to limit the amount of Darkness it gets though, so this tactic can't be repeated that often.

4) Again, this spell is given as a special ability per PnP description, so this perk won't be removed. It will also be made available as a regular spell but that's something I'm planning for a future update (after Pfaug and The Regulars).

Thanks!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited April 2019
    @subtledoctor

You've remembered me of other significant difference: the way Blindness is applied.

BG2EE's indeed delivers a Blindness effect that sticks with the creature for the spell duration.

DoF's Darkness is different: the Blindness' duration is 7 seconds. It is reapplied if the creature remains in the AoE - much like Cloudkill. That's the best I could do to simulate the PnP effect.

Anyway, the effect and spellcasting time is aligned with PnP.

I came to the conclusion that the problem is not the spell, but the AI. As pointed out above, any enemy would move out of the spell's AoE, but IE don't make its creature's behave like that.

But here's what I'm going to do: I'll make the creatures inside Darkness to also become invisible. After all, you can't see what happens inside a Darkness area. This will prevent some "abusing".
    Post edited by Raduziel on
    DJKajuru
    Good idea , @Raduziel !
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    You could also impose an immunity-bypass panic on non-controlled (EA=NOTGOOD) creatures for one round, so they will actually move out of the darkness regardless of their visual range.
    Raduziel
    edited April 2019
    kjeron wrote: »
    You could also impose an immunity-bypass panic on non-controlled (EA=NOTGOOD) creatures for one round, so they will actually move out of the darkness regardless of their visual range.

@kjeron

I'll do both.

Thanks!

Edit: New features will be Invisibility, Panic and 4 Thac0 penalty (to offset the bonus granted by Invisibility).

I'm not sure about the Thac0 penalty though.
    That's... really interesting. Actually that sounds like it might make a good replacement for the perenially-crappy "Stinking Cloud." Could a rare offensive Illusion spell too!

Idea: stolen. :lol:

Wait - all the NPCs remains inside all cloud spells, right?

I'll think I'll expand this for all cloud-like spells, then.
    You can probably even shorten the panic duration, just test various duration (2s - 6s) to see what average minimum is needed for them to escape the darkness.
    kjeron wrote: »
    You can probably even shorten the panic duration, just test various duration (2s - 6s) to see what average minimum is needed for them to escape the darkness.

@kjeron

Can I use a script (applied through Opcode 82) to enforce the character moving out of the AoE and attacking a party member?

My concern is: Panic will make them move around aimlessly. So to get in close combat with the party, they may pass through Darkness again, creating a sort of loop. By applying the script for one round, I can ensure the enemies will behave in a proper way.

I would add this as the last effect of the spell and prior to this an Opcode 318 to make sure it won't affect party-members.

My goal is to apply this for Grease, Web, Entangle, Stinking Cloud, Cloud Kill, etc... all the area-remaining-spells.

Thanks.
    In my experience (fresh in mind - I'm actually playing more than modding now), that's really not necessary. Most enemies tend to push through to the other side of AoE spells as fast as possible (i.e. on their first successful saving throw) to close to melee. You're not going to park your own guy in the middle of a Web, right?

SCS has scripting to handle AoE spells... if players want smart enemies they will just use SCS. (That's for the vanilla spells... this still sounds like a good idea for your Darkness spell.)

Good to know, thanks for the insight.

I'll limit myself to Darkness, then.

@kjeron Do you see any downside in using the script applied through Opcode 82 instead of the Panic effect? Or do you think doing this instead of simply using the Panic will be relevant?

Thanks.
    @kjeron Do you see any downside in using the script applied through Opcode 82 instead of the Panic effect? Or do you think doing this instead of simply using the Panic will be relevant?.
    Scripts assigned through op82 are permanent, they do not revert afterwards.

Raduziel
    Good News: When I fix Darkness, I'll make an effort to finish transferring some exclusive spells to the sphere system. Some spells shouldn't be exclusive for a kit (like Moment or Darkness) - I'm fixing this situation.

Bad News: None of them are of the Animal sphere and only one (of around 20) is of the Plant sphere.

I'll create some new spells (or I'll import some from 2nd or 3.X editions) to try to make those spheres more appealing.

PS: Sorry for the bad writing, I'm really tired ATM.
    Zaghoul
  • Summer_SnowmanSummer_Snowman Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the quick response and solutions to my post. Acid Storm is now indeed in the spell list. I'll also put some other observations down: Ulb's Dreamwalker Shaman and LavaDelVortel's Witchlight Shaman work well and are able to enter the spell selection screen and see all the spells available. However, Ulb's Spiritwalker and Stormcaller Shamans don't have that ability.

I'm planning to start a new playthrough soon. What might be some examples of the new spells you're planning? I really like summons for my playstyle, so I would be willing to wait patiently for them to be implemented.