Skip to content

Horrible support

shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
I've been waiting nearly three weeks for any response, anything at all. Its not bad customer support, Its NO customer support. Too many bugs, NO support for players. Beamdog has shown me their true colors. This shouldn't have been released in this state, but money talks. The modders get all the attention apparently, which is fine I guess. But players don't seem to matter to them. Enjoy my money, you won't be getting any more of mine, or any at all if I can help it. Goodbye.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello, @shabadoo. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can you provide links to your Redmine tickets, please?
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    At least I find your forums enjoyable. It's a great community, with a wide variety of viewpoints and experiences. The runaround support is a no-go for me. I already searched these forums first ( hours wasted ), followed the link provided by you to report a bug, followed your instructions, and waited patiently. My mistake. Apparently the way to report bugs it's run around from one website to another waving my virtual arms in the air screaming at the top of my (also virtual) lungs. I just don't think that is the proper way to treat customers. It's quite rude actually.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    We're sorry. I've passed the info about your bug (40395) to our QA, they will reply as soon as their resources and time will allow.
    Thank you, I'm sure the Google headache with BG2 and IWD are taking a lot of time from other things. I blame Google for that mess. They should have given game companies a heads up about changes so you could have tried to get ahead of any problems before this happened.
  • FaustyeFaustye Member Posts: 17
    I have the same experience. No respons for a long time. After I made a negative review on steam they started to help me. But still without a solution. Still cannot play multiplayer of the game.
    I see that you run out of suggestions. Then fix your game. Never had problem with any multiplayer game but yours.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Faustye wrote: »
    I see that you run out of suggestions. Then fix your game. Never had problem with any multiplayer game but yours.

Dude, you got it to work on one computer, you have multiple routers set up, and you acknowledged that you "dont really understand internet settings." This is obviously a problem on your end. From what I can tell, the support team spent a lot of time trying to help you. Just be cool.
    I am completely cool. I made it work on one PC. The cdkey.ini had to be created manually. I am just mad that literally nobody didnt want to talk with me unless I made a negative review. The internet settings are the same on PC and laptop. Problem occurs only on nwn:ee, no other game. So maybe its just not so well done game.
    Negative reviews will almost always get a prompt response, sometimes it's a stern rebuttal. It's unfair to use it intentionally in this manner, though (no implication as to Faustye's intentions is uhm...intended). Putting your complaint out in public gets people's attention like little else can.
    Just a note: the thread on this forum and the negative review on Steam were dated the same day, and got my response the same date. The forum reply involved also asking the devs directly. We then followed up with @niv commenting in the thread.
    edited April 2019
    @JuliusBorisov, just to clarify the procedure for me. Do we report issues at the support.baldursgate.com site, redmine, or both? I'm very confused as to why two different sites.
    I would also like to thank you for moving my complaint in the right direction.
    support.baldursgate.com IS Redmine, and that is our bug tracker.
    Yea... I contacted your support via mail days ago and posted bug report. Also tried to contact one or two developer directly via PM (read that in some similar topic, that its effective). Got only unified response from support via mail to post the bug on bug report. And then I made a negative review...
    edited April 2019
    That's understandable, I had a similar situation with another company, except that there was no response from the reporting system or messaging them. I made a bad review after a short wait and was only then told that the big reporting system had been taken offline because it was...buggy, I mean "not working properly" at that time. Don't worry, Beamdog, you're talking to me and I actually like what you're trying to do. So no bad talk from me, outside the forums that is.